2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1995 BIGHORN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeggsy

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:24    Post subject: 1995 BIGHORN Reply with quote

Hi

Have posted a few reports about this 'truck'. We have owned our Bighorn now for one year. During that time we have had nothing but problems. We have had a new fuel system fitted, a new alternator, more recently a new cylinder head and all the gubbings with it. We thought - this is it - it will be fine now. But - no!!! After it being in dock for five weeks, the first time we go to tow the caravan - the radiator blows up. We now feel that our truck just likes being carried on the back of a AA truck. We think it looks behind it and thinks 'Im not towing that van' and throws a wobbley. But we have now come to a decision to 'cut and run' and feel our vehicle is just not towing material so are getting rid of it. But to let you know I got parts quite easily off the internet - incase any of you are struggling. www.partfinder.co.uk is a good site. They do the work for you. If anyone is interested in a Bighorn that has almost been rebuilt - let me know. All the work done is guaranteed as is the parts - cylinder head for one year, radiator, one year, etc etc. But be warned - dont tow anything.

Regards
Skeggsy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

the flower man

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear you have had problems. sounds like the person that owned your motor before you didnt do a good job at looking after it. the alternator is normal at 75000-95000 .(mine went)  but the fuel system rusts. this wont happen if it has been wax oiled . (my one is fine 94 reg) just my opinion but the problems with your head was corsed by the rad. if they blow they are normaly blocked and this could affect the cooling of the head and blow the head gasket ect. the system has to be flushed every 2 years and 50% coolent. new stat ect. dam that previous owner. you may have had a better experiance Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: