All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Dual mass flywheel!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jims1954

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:40    Post subject: Dual mass flywheel!!!! Reply with quote

Sad Hi all, have replaced flywheel on my 2000 3.0 tdi trooper and now it wont start. From reading posts it appears I have not aligned flywheel to crank correctly...I assumed bolts would be staggered or a dowel fitted if alignment was critical...big mistake lol. Does anyone have a diagram to explain correct procedure for fltwheel alignment? Im to old to take box out again Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it's box out again then with the crank on tdc there should be a half moon cut out on the clutch side of the ring gear this need to be at the 6 0 clock position, this will then put the gap in the timing gear thats on the back of the flywheel in the 1 0 clock position.
jims1954

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply,have removed box again found half moon mark. Have removed cover from around front crank pulley to establish tdc, can only see a faint score mark in pulley is this correct mark? I can see mark on casing at 12 o clock to line up with. Im a bit nervous at the thought of getting it wrong again Embarassed
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats it you may also find that one of the flywheel bolt holes in the back of the crank may be larger than the others, it looks like it should have a locating dowel in it if it has this that will be at the 12 0 clock position but not all of them had this.
jims1954

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your help. I trained on morris minors...toopers are a bit more complicated! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: