All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0l will not start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:41    Post subject: 3.0l will not start Reply with quote

I have a 2003 3.0L with 90k on the clock that will not run. I have the use of Tech II with the Isuzu 32 bit card but maybe it needs more experience to see whats going on. It says when being cranked that all is ok as it shows injectors enabled, injector  oil pressure is up over 3.0mpa and aiming for the 5.0mpa desired figure ,no dtc's are stored and if you take the plug off the cam sensor or crank sensor it shows up on the Tech II.
It will fire and run for about ten seconds  but only if you use the hand primer on the filter and then it stops .If I crack off the line from the fuel pump on the side of the head and crank the engine I get good pressure  (sprays out ! ) but I do not have a figure for this .
The engine has 5-30W oil in , glowplugs are fine and the only DTC that comes up is in the Body section  under immobiliser DTC's saying 'engine request not received ' but not every time I try to start it.
The only other thing that it does is that in the fuse box by the pedals are 3 relays and the one nearest the engine keeps switching in/out  when cranking but I am not sure why or what that does.
We have a 98' 3.0l with 208k yes 208k ! that runs perfectly and all the Tech II readings  for the engine I get off that are the same as the 2003 that wont go so
I am a bit stuck .
On a lighter note Caterpillars current C9 engine uses exactly the same oil pressure/fuel injection system as the 3.0L and there have been some major troubles with it like the high pressure pump breaking up and injectors failing kinda makes me smile that trooper owners are not alone here !
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like an immobiliser problem then have you changed anything or are you using a boost pack at all
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the reply. No booster just the batterys charged up . If it is an immobiliser problem do you know where it is in the car ? I would think it has to be set to the ECU/VIN number with tech II but cant find any info on how to do this .
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, missed that . No ,have not changed anything and the tech II reads the ECU part number  and Vin number ok but does give a part number for the immobiliser which I have not found yet.
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you try this for me, the fuel inlet pipe to the filter housing can you put it straight to the inlet on the engine or just bypass the filter housing somehow and see what happens
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the supply pipe from the tank onto the lift pump but no, it does not seem to have made any difference .
Got good air free fuel pressure at the cylinder head inlet would it be worthwhile to see what sort of fuel flow is coming from the return at the other end of the head back to tank ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

odd very odd indeed....the only thing i can think of now is a blocked cat, to eliminate this undo the joint just above the main oil filter and pull the pipe back a bit and see if it starts.
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the replies Ethan .Took the  the pipe off but still no luck ! I had a Cummings NT855 like this years ago ( the injection system is similar) and that kept losing the fuel gallery pressure to the sump but caused the engine to lock up. i am convinced that its lack of fuel  but how to test that ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the rail pressure sensor is lying to us, remove the white wire from the injector plug near the dipstick and see if it runs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: