QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

High pressure oil valve???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duggie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 21:47    Post subject: High pressure oil valve??? Reply with quote

Bought a 2001 trooper 2 years ago and had the injectors done in Feb last year. No problems until 2 weeks ago when engine check light came on. Started misfiring and 6 miles later the engine died. Towed it into local dealerships who have diagnosed it as needing a replacement "high pressure oil control valve" - cost £904.84  (OUCH!) this included change of oil filters and oil.  Work has been done and the engine now starts but they tell me it is still misfiring and they now want to change the injectors again which will be covered on warranty. Anyone got any ideas?? Is the valve they have replaced linked in any way to the injectors and could this have caused the valve to fail? Is it a coincidence that it is still misfiring after having changed this valve?

Help!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 21:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  it should cost no where near that, the valve is what controls the oil pressure to the injectors and when it goes wrong the engine just cuts out. it very rarely if ever logs a fault code even when it is faulty and the fact that it's still missing would make me suspicous that it was even at fault in the first place.
if the injectors are faulty there are 2 tests that can be carried out on the tech2 to prove it so no guess work is needed at all
Duggie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the swift reply!

Am I right in saying the valve is not the same as the oil rail pressure sensor? Haaving read a few logs it seems this can be replaced at less than half of my cost. I have quiried with the dealership as to whether the valve is linked in any way to the injectors and they have said it isnt. I enquired if the injectors that were replaced on warranty may have knackered the valve and they say its impossible.

Any thoughts as I am also concerned about the valve seeing as its still misfiring......

ta
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is different to the sensor basically the ecu opens or closes the valve on a duty cycle the oil pressure sensor then reads the pressure and feeds it back to the ecu which then operates the valve to open or close a bit based on what the pressure sensor has told it, and this is happening constantly varying the pressure from about 4mpa upto a maximum of about 27mpa depending on what your right foot is doing.

the valve is vital to the injectors as with out the oil pressure the injectors won't work.

it's not possible though for the injectors to knacker the valve.
Duggie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I know 90% more than I did yesterday.

As far as I was aware, if the injecters were the problem then there would have been tell tale signs in the oil levels going up. I had been checking them regularly since the rcall and they have been spot on. They were also ok when I towed it in to the dealer. Seems odd that they now want to change all the injectors again. Can faulty injecters cause misfiring?? If so then maybe you are right in that I have to question the faulty valve. especially if the diagnostic machine should have picked up the faulty injecters from the off. If this was done they would have done the injecters 1st - surely!

Cheers
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

was the dealer a proper isuzu dealer

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes faulty injectors can cause a missfire
Duggie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep,  the dealership is just down the road - Abergele, Threeways. They have been helpful but 900 quid is hard to swallow..all in one go.
Speedfight70cc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might be work you while trying a different dealer Wink  Wink  Wink
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaah
im not saying nout Wink

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: