2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Is the Catalytic a separate part?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 15:06    Post subject: Is the Catalytic a separate part? Reply with quote

Hi, Everyone.

I've just noticed that I have a hole in the mid pipe on my 3.0 TD 2001 Auto exhaust where it turns the really sharp Ubend at thr front. Bodged it up temporary with a patch and it sounds fine but obviously I'll need to get a replacement. Milners sell the mid pipe and the cat separately but I couldn't see on my pipe how it fits into the cat, is it just a push fit like it looks? There are no flanges or anything so I'm confused. Confused

Regards, Jeff.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 15:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the genuine part is all one pipe from the big silencer forward to the joint just above the oil filter, if you use the milners pipe you have to cut the cat out and join it.
JeffH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eithan.

That makes sense now. I'll sleeve and weld it. It's really annoying because the exhaust is in really good condition, looks almost new. The hole is more like a fractured section has come away, maybe a defect in the pipe. I might patch and weld the hole up for now and get a Milners pipe in ready to change, just in case.

Thanks for the help.

Regards, Jeff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: