All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Isuzu fuel filter problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coppo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 22:27    Post subject: Isuzu fuel filter problem Reply with quote

Hi im having a bit of a nightmare i have a isuzu 3.1 bighorn changed th fuel filter and ive bled it to death it will run for 20 - - 30  seconds then *beep* out ant ideas i would be kindly tried before i putt what hair i have left out.
PS when it is started it smokes like a wet fire never done it before i changed filter.Ii have also tried the old filter back in to no joy. thanks coppo x x
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 22:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

the flower man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate, having not tackled this yet Embarassed i am not shore but have sugestions.are you filling the filter with fuel to the top? i beleve you have to blead between the filter and the injectors as well. when you have done this you need to run the nmotor at 2500 rpm for 5 mins or so (i am told) any air anywhere will make it cut out. some one will be along to help soon. they will sort you out mate  Very Happy
coppo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bud ta the reply mrs doing her nut she needs the thing tomorrow but hey ive tried bleeding it also i filled the filter with diesel etc i must have done something stupid doh lol
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the right filter, has it sealed properly? there's always the cheats way.... fill the filter to the top and refit buy some easy start get someone to flick the key then give it a squirt as per instructions on the tin!!! it's a rough way of doing it and i only use it as an all else has failed kinda back up should get it going though, then run it at fast idle (2000 rpm ish) for about 5 mins
AD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound's like your new filter is'nt sealing properly, Have you checked the water trap plug (on the bottom of the filter) check seal and make sure it's screwed in fully.

Is the prime pump on top of the filter working (mine dosent Confused) if unsure remove outlet pipe of fuel filter then prime, no fuel then your prime pump could be knackerd.

I cheated when i blead mine, (as i needed the car too) i increased the air pressure CAREFULLY inside the tank with a compressor air line in the filler cap with a rag round it to seal it this forced the fuel through filter with outlet pipe on filter disconnected Wink
04, 3.0 citation
dxmedia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the primer pump is knackered, screwfix do one fro £9.99 for diesels. Fitted one to a frontie a few weeks ago and work fine...

01553 845 945
rangielover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

undo the 12mm bolt on the rear of the injection pump, between the fuel outputs to the injectors. Then turn on the ignition and prime the fuel pump, youll get diesel spewing out but it will ensure the pump isnt airlocked too.
mickyboy63
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

crack the nut slightly on the first injector turn it over and see if fuel comes through,it will run rough for a few minutes,then tighten up.
coppo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a feedback thanks everyone i am outside in the rain now trying all sorts i have just got a new pump today now putting filter on be back soon and let you know thanks
coppo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you soooooooo much for all your kind response I have finally managed to sort this head rush problem.
I put the new filter pump on and found it was the same change the inline pipe and BINGO i cant really understand
why changing a fuel filter would damage the rubber fuel line is beyond me but all i can say is thanks again keep up the
suggestions coppo
jonnie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 23:07    Post subject: fuel filter Reply with quote

im still having touble with mine got too have another go this weekend still on temp in line filter . Embarassed

must be the housing its fine on temp filter .& im on 2nd housing . Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: