4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

trooper engine problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christhespark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:15    Post subject: trooper engine problems Reply with quote

Hi
Only had my 2003 3.0td trooper over a month and starting to wish i hadn't bothered after reading about the engine problems, i tthought these were bullet proof engines. At what stage (year) did isuzu address this matter?.  Mine has done 43,000 as much as i love it i couldn't afford a big bill for a replacement engine, should i sell it now?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing to do would be to check if its had the recall work done, remember as well that people come onto forums like this to get help and advice when something goes wrong, you just dont hear about all the other people who have no problems at all so it can seem like you are reading over and over how bad something is.
tommo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said....the trooper is reliable but it is a sensitive beast and personally i think it requires all servicing by the main dealers due to that sensitivity (ducking to avoid being shot!! Wink ).

ive had mine nearly 6 years (from new) and apart from recalls plus some smoking on start up its been fine.The smoking on start up goes once engine warm and has not effected perfomance.

Tommo
mickyram
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

my engine failed at 63000miles due to injectors filling sump with diesel. did not know about this problem (recalls) so i bought an engine (£4000) ouch Exclamation myself, then my truck was recalled  and had the injectors replaced. A good way of telling if yours has been done is to look on the top of your engine there is a white sticker with injector numbers on if its had another white sticker stuck on top its been done Smile
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told yesterday that there's a new recall - a recall on the recall if you like - on 3.0 injectors. Mine have been replaced but the replacements will now need replacing! Am I ever glad that I run an Isuzu? I've never heard of any other manufacturer standing by its product to the extent that Isuzu are.
dxmedia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topvaux wrote:
I was told yesterday that there's a new recall - a recall on the recall if you like - on 3.0 injectors. Mine have been replaced but the replacements will now need replacing! Am I ever glad that I run an Isuzu? I've never heard of any other manufacturer standing by its product to the extent that Isuzu are.

To the extent that they killed sales in North America dead !!!

01553 845 945
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: