QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wiring diagram 2001 Trooper Duty 3.0 diesel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgeegee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:59    Post subject: Wiring diagram 2001 Trooper Duty 3.0 diesel Reply with quote

Hi,

Newbie here.  

I've got a problem with the glow plugs not working on my Trooper. I bought it from a dealer in February and now i'm finding out all the bits that don't work...... Crying or Very sad It's had a few really bad bodge jobs done and am trying to sort through them all now.

The glow plugs didn't work at all and on inspection, the fuse had blown. Replaced fuse and then they won't turn off - hence why the fuse probably blew in the first place..!! My mechanic has had the plugs out and they all work ok but can't figure out where the fault is thats causing the 'overglowing'  Wink . If anyone can sort me a wiring diagram for this model, it will help hopefully !!

Other problem (sorry, not to do with electrical though) is that it has a huge flat spot on acceleration. Either when I'm towing or even unladen and just going up a slight incline, when you depress the accelerator, nothing happens for anything from 1 to 5 seconds and then it shoots forward with a big cloud of black smoke behind - can't see the car behind when it does !! Once it's accelerating, as long as you don't ease off, it's fine. It seems to be intermittent and is worse if there is less fuel in it, but it makes it very hard to overtake anyone as you have to compensate for the delay if the road is busy and you have to time pulling out. It doesn't seem to miss when it's cruising and runs smoothly enough - anyone else had any similar problems ? Our guess is turbo or fuel pump related but any ideas would be useful.

I'm ashamed to say that I've no idea on car mechanics, so any help will be printed off and passed to my mechanic who is a family friend and has his own business.....

Any ideas gratefully received cos it's back in the garage next Thursday for the next round of stuff to be done and it's already cost me £800 quid in it's last two visits.....love the car and don't want to change it though !!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bgeegee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone....???? Help...??? Question  Rolling Eyes  Confused
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manuals can be found here...  http://www.spottedhaggis.com/isuzu

As for the flat spot... this could be down to a few things on a 3.0 - I would look towards the EGR Valve (try pulling the vacuum hose off and blocking it), the oil rail pressure sensor or the throttle body.
greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi if you post the engine code i can have alook i have the 4JG2, AND 4JX1 wiring diagrams for the glow plugs
cheers
Steve
bgeegee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gentlemen,

Chris I'll pass on the info regarding the flat spot to my mechanic
Steve, I'll have a look for the engine code tonight and either post later or in the morning.

Cheers,
Bev.x Wink
bgeegee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

The engine code is 4JX1.
Now just need a lottery win to pay for it to be fixed...!!!  Laughing
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick thought... the flat spot could also be caused by a duff Oil Rail Pressure sensor - as with the throttle body this can only really be checked by switching them over to a new unit. The throttle body comes supplied ready to fit (dont buy second hand - they are prone to failure) and the rail pressure sensor can be fitted by any handy mechanic but will then need coding/calibrating on a TECH2 machine.
bgeegee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris,

Thanks for that - any ideas are worth a try and hopefully means a smaller bill from my garage !! It's causing problems towing my horse trailer at the mo. When you've got 2.5 ton behind you and no acceleration, it's a bit problematic...and people start to get a bit p**sed off crawling at 15 miles an hour until you hit a downward slope or the turbo kicks in..!!  Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: