4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1999 3.0td intermittent starting prob

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's only the glow plugs not kicking in causing the troop not to start and you cant find the problem without spending £1000's, there is no reason i can see in why you can't buypass the isuzu system and fit your own.

All you need it a glow plug relay, (eebuygum) hate to say this but a LR relay would be ideal, a bit of HD (6mm+) wire and a few connectors and a large fuse Wink
04, 3.0 citation
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or manaual plugs - a starter motor soliniod from a mini, and length of wire and a push to make button in the cabin...

01553 845 945
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

cos then the ecu will start to throw up fault codes as it gets confused as all the electronics are inside the ecu and when you start to bypass it it doesn't like it and gets all upset!
steveapop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the replies, me thinks i might have sorted the prob (fingers crossed). after bleeding the fuel system on sunday its started first time everytime since. Ive still got a new fuel filter to fit when it arrives and a new bleed screw as the current one is a bit worn and has no washer behind it!
Phil T

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 21:15    Post subject: '99 3.0 Td Intermittent start problem Reply with quote

Hi there,

Sorry to arrive late to the party and sorry again not to have good news but this is exactly what happened to my 2000 SWB Td. A few weeks later and it refused to start one day in the shopping centre car park.
Had it towed back, two mechanics and an auto-electrician (or at least that's what he claimed to be!) looked at it and couldn't fix it or find the fault.
I'm really hoping it's the ECU because out here (Naples, Italy) no one can hear you scream - actually they're just too cool to pay any attention.  Laughing
I have the receipt from back in December to say the recall work was done but after talking with a very nice and very knowledgable lady at Cotswolds I know they were selling my friend a line at the price of Euro 400.
As I read the rest of this thread I was heartened to hear about some of the 'work-arounds'
Can anyone point me in the direction of the thread that covers pulling yellow and white wires please?

Phil
steveapop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil, dont know if this will be of any help but since i bled the fuel system (bleed screw located on fuel filter housing my trooper was ok for almost two weeks (yipee). It then started playing up again of which the fuel filter was changed and bled again, so far so good but a sneaky feeling tells me its drawing air in somewhere and that the prob has'nt totally gone just yet!
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were some issues with filters drawing air particularily a black filter that was for the usa, they also draw air in through the primer unit itself.
Phil T

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 23:29    Post subject: Bleeding fuel system! Reply with quote

OK,

So here I am in the land of the little people and I'm asking myself, "How exactly do I bleed the fuel system?" I know where the fuel pump is, but how exactly do I go about bleeding it?

and would this really have caused mine to just refuse to start one hot afternoon?

Thanks for all the responses don't stop, This is great!

Regards,

Phil

[i]Don't assume - it makes an ASS out of U & ME
"All this cosmic power, in a little itty-bitty tiny space!"
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it wouldn't of but the bleed screw is the 10mm small bolt on the side of the filter housing, unscrew it a bit then press the plunger on the top until diesel comes out which i suspect will happen with the first pump! do the bolt up then press the plunger again until it goes hard that should push the diesel around the head and injectors.
steveapop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bypassed the fuel filter & housing completely today. My fuel line now consists of a non return valve and a inline filter as a tempory measure, so far so good  Very Happy
Could it of been the filter housing after all? guess ill have to wait and see.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could they are known to go
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: