All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

memory card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 21:06    Post subject: memory card Reply with quote

ive just bought a memory card with satnav software for me nokia n95 off fleabay,
thought  i would copy the software off the memory card (1gb)to the 1 on my phone (4gb), did this and installed the software onto the phone and went to open it and it opens the startup screen then goes back to the phone menu,
now when i put the 1gb card in with the satnav software it works perfect yet it wont work when i put the 4gb back in even tho its all on there, dont wanna carry the card round (imagine a card the same size as a 5p and its a pain swappin the cards all the time),
is there anyway i can get it to work on the 4gb card
thanks kevin

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 21:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was PC software then I would say its copy protected, with PC stuff I get the no-disc patch so I dont need to keep putting the original disc in to run it.
Dont know if phone software works the same  Question

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

just been on the garmin website and apparently it is locked to the memory card Sad
so it looks like i gotta keep swapping the cards

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a hack but it will invalidate any liability to them if your phone explodes  Laughing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the N95 has very good maps already why would you need to use others - just use 'nokia map downloader' and it does it all for you
it just doesn't plot the route - it does however follow your progress which makes it easy to se where you are and where you need to be
cheers
Steve
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

already got the nokia maps but it hasnt got the speed camera database Wink
bloomin phone has already got a cracked screen (had summat in me pocket Embarassed which cracked it and then i dropped it so even more cracks, new screen £25 off fleabay),
mind you the price of satnavs keep coming down so i mite be tempted, then again i dont go far and i got a decent map book anyway + satnavs dont work off road
the garmin xt aint that good anyway so if any1 thinking bout getting a card for their phone with the garmin xt software on it, save your money,

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: