2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

[b]Fuel Pump Needed[/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetter10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 0:11    Post subject: [b]Fuel Pump Needed[/b] Reply with quote

Hi

I am new to this forum and I am desperate for fellow trooper owners to give me some guidance.

I recently purchased a 1998 3.1 Duty ( Cyprus import ) everything seemed ok for a while then it started cutting out at around 3200rpm all warning lights would come on and the rev counter would drop off to 0. On taking foot off accelerator it would spring back into life and all lights would go off.

Then it started to get worse and now it wont even start.

Can't find any dealer that will put it on diagnostic, apparently they dont have the software for imports. Ha.

I am looking to change the electronic pump for a cable operated one. I was wondering or should I say my mate who is a mechanic is wondering if you can use a 2.8 pump.

He has come to the conclusion that the fuel pump is the cause of the problem as he is not getting fuel pressure.

All suggestions and leads for pumps for sale would be gratefuly recieved. Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 0:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

flashman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jetter
I can answer the Cyprus bit of your problem.
I have the same problem only mine stems from a rogue importer who altered the original paperwork and registered it with DVLA as a UK car. I took it to my main dealer for a service and after a lot of people looking underneath, under the bonnet and a few other places informed me it was an import. At the moment I have the Police, DVLA, Trading Standards a finance company all taking a very keen interest in my car. Isuzu UK have also taken a keen view of the car. There conclusion is the car is an import from Cyprus (all paperwork proves this). It was rebadged to look like a Citationand registered with DVLA as such but is worth very little.
The reason the main dealer cannot plug in the diagnostic tool is Tech 2, as it is called, is programmed by Isuzu UK with details of UK supplied cars only. Chassis and engine numbers carry the full spec of the car for Tech 2 to trace faults, programming etc. Some imports carry different spec to UK models so Isuzu will not try to sort import models out. This is how my problem was discovered. Its a risk you take when buying an import. Some parts are different as well and not available from your main dealer.
I was told that if a fault develops it back to the old days of trial and error. Good luck

I'll snap it if I can
jetter10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flashman

Thanks for your reply.
At least now I know why it cant be diagnosed.

Cheers m8 Shocked
nate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 15:10    Post subject: cyprus import Reply with quote

Very Happy hooray more cyprus import owners, I have one as well a 1992 3.1dti trooper. Mine is registered as an import, traced back to cyprus, at last other people have them. mine was imported to jersey as a companys tax exemption a long time ago, has since then changed hands a few times. now I own it, the engine is gear driven not timing chain or cambelt driven. I've had some problem with it which I have mainly sorted now Smile would still like to talk with other owners and maybe meet up for some off road fun one day would be very interested to hear from other owners nathan Very Happy
ANDY.B.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:29    Post subject: Fuel pump 3.1 deisel Reply with quote

Hi Jetter, I was wondering if you had any success changing from an electronic pump to a manual pump. I have a 98 Import model that seems to over fuel and cause bad smoking. I have blanked the EGR valves and tried ringing the recommended garages, but look you discovered they all say the cannot access the ECU to adjust it.
Andy.B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: