QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Petrol in a Diesel - Uh Oh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 22:02    Post subject: Petrol in a Diesel - Uh Oh Reply with quote

Cripes I must appear like a proper dufus.

So hypotheically  Rolling Eyes  if someone in our house filled our Trooper (D) with Petrol, and drove it for a mile - then noticed that it was not running smoothly. Turned it off, and discovered it wouldn't start, then realised that the receipt in the pocket said UNLEADED...... called out the other half who spat his way through syphoning an entire tank of fuel into drums, then filled it with Diesel and started it back up again after 15 secs of turning it over - what would the said other half do next (to the trooper not the culpriat!) ?

sarcasm right now is not tremendously welcome.... Very Happy

The troop runs ok  but I did notice after throwing 25l of diesel in it an driving to the Garage that it seemed normal, but after filling it it took maybe 10-15 sec of cranking again to start, (and run fine again)

Something need looking at? I know a good deal of luck has prevented huge bills so far.

advice ?

Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 22:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's any damage, it's been done. If it's running ok suck it and see, keep it local for the next couple of weeks, if there's been no issues after that demand breakfast in bed for the next 2 months Wink

01553 845 945
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive done it before in vans never daraind tank as long as the percentage of derv is greater shoud be ok
and proper roast dinners every night  Laughing
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

petrol usually makes the filter seal expand so a new filter is normally needed plus a new set of injectors!!! you are extremely lucky if it's running ok as petrol normally blows the tips off after making every seal in them go like silicone.
THE QUIET ONE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
petrol usually makes the filter seal expand so a new filter is normally needed plus a new set of injectors!!! you are extremely lucky if it's running ok as petrol normally blows the tips off after making every seal in them go like silicone.

i agree but you can also get a injector clean and seal renivator liquid from local car auto spares  shop
when i used to have a garage around the corner from me that was a common problem with peeps getting new motors and puting petrol in instead of derv
8/10 times the seal and injector clean works if it doesnt then its off the road untill new seals are sort and fitted etc

mk1 2.8 ex skippy
mu 3.1 xs turbo
bendy bus
SCUM RUN 2010
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks aas always everyone.
I am off to throw in a new Fuel filter too whilst I am at it.

When you say a "seal renivator liquid " do you mean just a trpical Redex type additive for flushing filters etc ?

I have noticed it starts 'normally' when cold, but when warm it takes a fair bit of cranking. Runs fine otherwise.

Do you think it is just the fuel filter or something else ?

Andy
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally wouldn't put and rubber re-juvinator anywhere near any engine which i was working on - at best I would concider it a short term fix. What's it doing to the rubber in the long term?

That's just me though.    

Putting a new filter in won't hurt...

01553 845 945
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm,  
any tips on why it is not so keen on warm starting needing to be cranked over for compared to when cold ? probably twice as long.

Off to hunt throught the Archives.......

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: