QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Turbo Eats Itself....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjwgeorge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 20:03    Post subject: Turbo Eats Itself.... Reply with quote

The Turbo on my 2000 DOHC Diesel Duty has just expired (85mph on A34 - looked like a proper F1 engine blow for miles around Embarassed )

Isuzu couldnt give a toss as I'm the second owner and outside warranty, my independent dealer has found one but costs £1000.00 Shocked

Is this right, and has anyone else suffered a turbo failure on their's???

I'm going to be VERY skint. Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 20:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Phil Weighell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bjwgeorge
I would check with another dealer if i were you as I bought my 3.0TD 6 months ago it is a 1999 lwb duty with 74000miles on, it just went in two months ago for the recall on the turbo and injector sleeves all done foc. The turbo fault is a known problem hence the recall.
Ps Does yours start ok from cold as mine has a misfire that seem to be impossible to fix,interested in your comments.

Cheers Phil
Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a turbo on e-bay yesterday. Don't know for which vehicle but worth a look as it will save a fair old chunk of money if it is the right one for your car!
bjwgeorge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil - unfortunately my Troop was bought outside the dealer network, and with a not totally immaculate service record!

Mine always seems to start fine from cold after about 3 seconds of starter. It is a *beep* in the hot weather though. You have to leave it for a while before it will start. Last year I stopped it, then went to start again and it wheezed itself into what was just about 'life' after a few minutes, but with horrible sounds, no power and lots of black smoke! Embarassed
Having stopped it again, it started cleanly again???

All I can think is that all of this can be traced back to the Turbo, and possibly how I look after it. My father stated to me again yesterday the importance of leaving the turbo to cool for 30 seconds before switching of the engine, regardless of which turbo car you drive. I'm beginning to think that he has a valid point now. I could understand it in some of the exoyica he has owned in the past, but never really thought about it on a 160bhp diesel troop!

I might even trade it in for a 3.5 V6 or even an earlier 3.1 D after this.
lotustower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try CR engineering on 01425 638426, new loads about troopers dn theri tubos,some cna be fixed some need a replacement, 93 3.1td was under 500gbp.

Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: