All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

fuel filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darren m

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 19:20    Post subject: fuel filter Reply with quote

can i have an idiots Confused  guide to changing the fuel filter on my 3.0td please.
it looks kinda fiddley , do i need to take the steering pump fluid unit out . or remove the aircon rad.

whats the easist way

thanks again

99 LWB 3.0 TD Citation

2000 LWB 3.0 / 3.1TD Duty conversion
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 19:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the filter housing, fit the filter(filling with fuel first) then put it back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was looking at the housing , theres 2 bolts on top of the filter near the primer pump bit not sure if that would bring it off .
or
theres 2 bolts at the bottom of the bracket that bolt on the car , but one is obscured by the aircon cooler rad

which are the ones to undo ?

cheers

99 LWB 3.0 TD Citation

markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be the top, 12mm bolts through the housing  Idea
Ahhh 3.0  Confused should still be the same though  Question
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit puzzled that the aircon "radiator" (condenser) is anywhere near where you're looking at the fuel filter..........

The condenser is in front of the engine cooling rad behind the radiator grille whilst the fuel filter is high up on a bracket on the nearside and just behind the ECU.

From memory, there's a shield with 2 bolts (10mm spanner I think) holding it on (one to the ECU bracket and one to the PAS reservoir bracket) which you remove. Then remove the two bolts that secure the filter housing to its bracket and undo the fuel hoses - but note which one is which because they MUST go back the same way round. It's then easy to unscrew the cartridge off its housing and replace with the new one.
darren m

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV - now im confused Shocked .
Right - i,m standing at the front of the trooper and its on my right , the small  Radiator is in front of the fuel filter and the power steering  resivour is behind it .
am i in the right place Question

which is the correct way :-
looking down at the filter there are 2 10 or 12 mm bolts on the very top of the housing right next to the priming pump.
OR
further down is the bracket held/ bolted to the body work ( wing ) by 2 larger bolts , the bolt to the left goes under the small rad and i can not get a socket or spanner on it

cheers

99 LWB 3.0 TD Citation

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that small radiator your on about is the ecu!

there is normally a black metal shield around the filter so remove the 10 mm bolts either side of the filter and it should come away, then remove the two 10mm bolts in the top of the primer and then you should be able to pull the primer away from it's mounting bracket. to make it easier you can remove the 2 rubber pipes and you should then be able to lift the whole thing off the car and change the filter on the bench.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: