All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Airbag warning light sign in the instrument panel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 23:19    Post subject: Airbag warning light sign in the instrument panel Reply with quote

Just wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction, coming home tonight the Airbag sign in the instrument panel has been lit up in red all the time , the dashboard or steering wheel has'nt been knocked or banged, is it a problem to sort out, my truck is a 2000 trooper duty 3.0 Thankyou....... Embarassed
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 23:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mickyboy63
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi check for loose connectors under the seats,pull apart spray then reconnect.
hope that works ,it did for me Laughing
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with that. Yellow in-line plug under each front seat. Pull apart and plunge in and out a few times to clean up contacts. Puff of stuff wouldn't hurt.
RedOne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, mine is the same, i unplugged the multi plug under the drivers seat put it back and all is fine, what a relief.   Razz
gaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks a lot chaps just been on me knees groveling under the seats yep found the plugs black one under drivers yellow under passengers did as you sed and its a cure, once again thanks to all  Very Happy  Very Happy
Ralph Gwilliam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 15:15    Post subject: Airbag warning light - plugs under front seats Reply with quote

Having read the previous topic regarding airbag warning light constantly on - we were chuffed to bits to find the probable solution of connections under front seats.

Just like the other chap, wife and I both grovelled and found a yellow connector plug/socket under each  seat - quite difficult to get at.

Try as we may, we cannot separate the plug from the socket and don't want to create more damage.

Any tips please and we'd be grateful. Especially as our 2002 Trooper has been booked into garage in two days time and we'd love to solve this before then.

Thanks Confused
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the plug a good spraying with plus-gas or another good penatrant, leave it a while then see if it will wiggle fee.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 19:07    Post subject: Airbag warning light - plugs under front seats Reply with quote

Thanks Markymoan we will give it a spray.

This is the Missus speaking - The plug/socket under seats is a lump/box of yellow plastic  (about 1.5 X 1 inch) which seems to have an integral proper plastic band/belt around it - quite clean and new looking - not at all like one imagines a socket & plug. We are wondering if this is a recent/new design - our Trooper is a yr. 2002 we believe one of the last models made.

We imagine that it might have a sort of clip thing that you have to press in before you can push/pull it apart. Although there doesn't appear to be such. The trouble is that 'the old man' is rather nervous about breaking it.

Does my inadequate description resemble the sort of plug you imagine?

Thanks again.

Mrs. Ralph
Ralph Gwilliam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 15:33    Post subject: Airbag warning light - plugs under front seats Reply with quote

From Missus again!

Slept on it - went out in sunlight and could just see which part was plug and which part was socket - wiggled - pulled (both passenger and drivers side) and hey presto! Squirt of WD40 and replaced. Airbag warning light nowhere to be seen. My 'old man' extremely pleased with his 'old lady'!

This is our second Trooper we love it!

Thanks very much - a wonderful and helpful web site

Mrs. Ralph
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result  Cool
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing Happy Days
earthdragon

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 22:27    Post subject: Airbag light Reply with quote

Thanks so much for this thread. Another relieved member - this is SUCH a good fix - unplug, replug and the problem goes away. Totally brill. Thanks again.  Very Happy
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 22:33    Post subject: Re: Airbag light Reply with quote

earthdragon wrote:
Thanks so much for this thread. Another relieved member - this is SUCH a good fix - unplug, replug and the problem goes away. Totally brill. Thanks again.  Very Happy

Yup! It's good here, isn't it? thumbright
SUB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 17:45    Post subject: Air bag warning light trooper Reply with quote

thanks for this tip, my 2003 30L TD Duty had just had the airbag warning light stay on about 3 days ago I was woundering how much this was going to cost at a garage, so I tried your tip with the wires under both front seats & bingo the light went out. Thanks again everyone.  Very Happy
lewistom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 17:37    Post subject: air bag warning light Reply with quote

Another hugely relieved Trooper owner - thankyou for the advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First plug didnt change it - visions of (another) bif bill but second did - fixed.
LT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: