All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What do thoses 2 buttons do ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlioz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 0:34    Post subject: What do thoses 2 buttons do ? Reply with quote

I am about to take delivery of my 3.1 Bighorn (rebadged as a Honda Horizon !!!???) japuneasy import. There are 2 buttons below the automatic gear selector labelled something like LNP or something ( please forgive my memory, but Im sure you know what Im on about) .. what do they do ?
Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 0:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

marlioz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

p>s ITS A 1996
Mullins

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sport and Winter i believe, do you get an orange light come on, on the dash by the dials??
marlioz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mullins, Ill get back to you on that Embarassed .. so how does sport and winter work ? Confused and what does it all mean.. I have ordered the user manual but it will take a week to get here..any help is appreciated
Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sport means that you get quicker kick down and it holds the revs for longer, winter means it starts off in second and changes up at low revs to keep wheel spin down to a minimum.
Mullins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

power drive raises the engine speed at which the upshift and downshift take place. Winter mode can be activated at 7mph or less. Place the lever in D . N , R , and P position, then push the winter button. The winter light will be iluminated whenever the winter mode is activated, and the vehicle will pull away in 3rd gear.
Winter mode is deactivated when the speed reaches 21 mph.

The winter button is the one clesest to the gear lever.
I dont find the power button makes much difference, you still red line the car in any gear while in drive, it may just take a moment more to kick down.

I need to get out more Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the sun come out when you press 'Summer' button, & it snow when you press the 'Winter' button?
Mullins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Doesn't the sun come out when you press 'Summer' button, & it snow when you press the 'Winter' button?

Thats being silly, you need the button next to those two! 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: