All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Problem starting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rick

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:48    Post subject: Problem starting Reply with quote

Hi all. I am hoping some body here can help me. I have a '99 T plate trooper duty 3.0. It will run fine for weeks and then out of the blue for no apparent reason the battery will go flat and it won't start. i will jump start it run it round the block and it will be fine again for several weeks. RAC came out to it and got it going first time and said alternator was not charging. However i spoke to local dealer who saidfit would be worth trying the charge relay first as this was more probable as being the cause. it was ok for weeks after this but has re surfaced a few times since. The battery gauge on the dash reads at about 14volts once i have it running and surely it cant be alternator if it is fine for weeks and then just dies. It doesnt even seem to coincide with short stop start journeys either. Please help. Thanks Rick.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

cockphesant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick, I had the same problem with my 1999 3.0 duty last winter, one day I drove the car 150 miles with a trailer, stopped it and loaded a machine onto the trailer, started it and drove 100 yards and stalled it when taking off onto main road with the heavy load, the batterys which were new were drained of power instantly,then we got another vehicle and jumped started it with no problem. This happened 4 or 5 times and never happened again until a month ago and I discovered the problem was my interior heater fan was drawing a large amount of current, so now I wait until my alternator is reading 14v before I turn on the fan and I turn it off before I complete my journey, I have had no problems since.......Regards,Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: