2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Exploding Trooper!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mioke0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 23:48    Post subject: Exploding Trooper! Reply with quote

HELP!! I've got a w/2000 reg trooper commercial swb. It has just died on me! There is no power when driving and barely starts. I was driving and smoke started coming out the exhaust and it's emptied itself of oil(so much so that the police pulled me over to say I was causing chaos on the motorway) Luckily it had just happened... A friend says it sounds like the turbo as it was making a high pitched whirring sound just before it happened when accelerating, but after reading some of the stuff on here I'm wondering if it's actually an injector problem. It had a fsh upto 103k and has done 130k now. Anyone any ideas? Will my whole engine be trashed now? Crying or Very sad  Is it even worth changing the turbo? AHHHHH!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 23:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

first phone im see if recall work  been done you you may be lucky in fact becouse engine shoud have cut out before it seized unless it had reached a point where the turbo was running it
but think it woud have revved itself to destruction had that happend  you certanly will need a new turbo but you do need to find if the cause was turbo or if it had been dumping derv into oil which woud cause turbo to fail speak top im and a dealer best of luck
jumping jack flash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi my 3.0ltr  trooper started making slight noise, went to pull over would not slow down when i took foot off accelerater, when stopped would not turn off reving like mad and smoke pouring out back and inside motor, still would not stop when battery disconected, then told by another motorist to put in gear and stall it, since then phoned I.M. found out new injecters fitted jan 06 but injecter seals not done and should have been, said to take to main dealer to get checked out and if down to them will fix it in good will. but main dealer saying it down to turbo, we then told them only had new turbo 8 months ago they still saying it down to turbo, can any body help please as think i am being fobbed off.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the oil level if it's high then it's down to injector seals leaking if not then it's the turbo, did you buy the turbo yourself or was it part of a recall?
jumping jack flash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

no oil now left in engine, had new turbo fitted week before we brought it but was not part of recall
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

who fitted it and where was it fitted? was it a main dealer?
jumping jack flash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

fitted at garage i brought motor from not main dealer
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be claiming on some sort of parts warranty from where ever they got it from
jumping jack flash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah got form to do that, but been told that trouble with the injecters ie.diesel going into oil  could have caused turbo to blow, and as never had injecter seals fitted, and also first lot of injecters faulty is this true? do you know. If so any body out there know  the faulty numbers they are looking for on the injecters. As this is second turbo in less than a year and motor only done 5,000 miles since last one fitted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: