2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

cry/scream/sulk/smash it up? self harm/sacrifice?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

and thats the reason i run a mac!! Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to do mine 4 weeks ago (factory) because of a screw up with System Restore. It will usually ask you if you want to partially restore (saves your software) or a full restore - returns your computer to as delivered settings. I chose the partial restore and wished I hadn't because I was left with all the software intact but uninstalled if you get my drift and |I didn't realise that until after I re-installed all software from discs/downloads, so I ate all my disc space up in short order. Manually deleted all the old  (uninstalled) software but left lots behind in the registry, so messy.

I also did not back up the Outlook files so lost all contacts, calender events and mail. If I had to do it again, I would do as Philp says, get an external HD for about £75 and do a mirror image of your drives.

However, it was amazing just how fast the re-install made the computer. The slowness problem is in memory hungry software such as "Windows"  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  (really!) Norton Systemworks or Norton Anti-Virus is a fat lazy SOB for example.

I use AVG (Free Version) http://free.avg.com/

Look n Stop Firewall 'cos XP firewall is useless http://www.looknstop.com/En/index2.htm (not free)

And Webroot Spysweeper http://www.webroot.co.uk/En_GB/land-ss-yellow-int-uk.html (not free)

These software packages give you total control over the security aspect and I haven't had a problem since running this combo in 3 years despite always being on-line. Everyone has their favourites of course, but this works for me...

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: