Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

flywheel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mick999

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 20:28    Post subject: flywheel Reply with quote

00 isuzu trooper 3ltr just fitted new flywheel in the 6oclock position turned engine before fitting clutch & gearbox & the engine started so i fitted clutch and gearbox and now the engine is turning but wont start! can anyone help?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 20:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely they will ! Would think the ring that works the crankshaft position  sensor has got moved or the sensor itself has been disturbed . It has to be quite close to work it so have a check its down by the back of the oil filter .

Should be flashing the check engine light at you ?
mick999

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Most likely they will ! Would think the ring that works the crankshaft position  sensor has got moved or the sensor itself has been disturbed . It has to be quite close to work it so have a check its down by the back of the oil filter .

Should be flashing the check engine light at you ?

i checked the sensor it does not look like it moved should i take it off and refit it, or replace it
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of them , its the gap 'tween the sensor and the ring thats important , must be tiny like the thickness of a thumbnail . now did the engine run for a bit or just fire  up ?
Did you do any other things ? was the engine at TDC #1  when the flywheel was put on ? how did you check it ?

Some more details to be going on here !
mick999

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
None of them , its the gap 'tween the sensor and the ring thats important , must be tiny like the thickness of a thumbnail . now did the engine run for a bit or just fire  up ?
Did you do any other things ? was the engine at TDC #1  when the flywheel was put on ? how did you check it ?

Some more details to be going on here !

Yes the engine was running for a bit and i turned it off because the exaust was off it.
On the old flywheel i got the half moon positioned at 6 o clock before i took it off so i could put the new one on the 6 o clock position. It wont start now
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it must be something else then as that seems fine to me. You did take off the ring for the sensor and swap it onto the new flywheel ? Umm . lets get this post moved so others can see it .
mick999

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Think it must be something else then as that seems fine to me. You did take off the ring for the sensor and swap it onto the new flywheel ? Umm . lets get this post moved so others can see it .

yes i put the sensor on to the new flywheel. im going to get a diagnostic test done tomorrow do you think that will show me the problem ?
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its done with a Tech II and the isuzu 32 bit card it should - anything else dont ever seem to work .

The sensor is the electric bit with 3 wires behind the oil filter the bit you changed is just the ring it counts for engine rpm Sensor needs to be close to the ring to work have you checked that ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: