QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Yet another Ham.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cpt. Carling

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 16:59    Post subject: Yet another Ham..... Reply with quote

Just a quick Hi to all, yet another Ham joins the fold.

Having just purchased a 3.1D Commercial with the intention of kitting it out for RAYNET use, the issue I have found with most trucks it the lack of space to fit anything!

The last truck was a .32V6 LWB and that was as bad. I'm trying to shoe-horn a Yeasu FT100D somewhere into the thing, without it being to obvious! I have the seperation kit, but I'm trying to get the main unit out of the way of boots, mud, dogs, fag packets etc... Any Ideas?
We were thinking of adding a 2nd set - maybe 4M, but again, space is a premium.

Also, for others info, I have found a place that will do the reflective chevrons for the entire rear of the truck for £90+VAT, which seems a damn good price.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 16:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
I fitted my Yaesu ft7800, base unit in the rear mounted on the side plastic in the "delve" the 12vdc came straight from the battery in 6mm cable (cooker cable) run along the chassis (even turning the engine over wouldn't turn off the yaesu), I fitted the front unit above my head in front of the sun visor using velcro, next to it I fitted an small quality ext speaker, the Mike bracket was mounted on the windscreen piller.
Just a small dual band antenna on a gutter mount attached to the top rear roof spoiler.
When finished, a nice tidy job, (even if I say so).

Dmax single cab pick up 2.5 biturbo
stephenson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I am also a amateur radio operator and a member of raynet my ft2700 is connected on a long power cabal and a magmount so it will go anywhere ie on a camping table out of the back or up front  
Just installed today ready for raynet operation at the iron man triathlon on Sunday my call is M3VXM

73’s M3VXM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: