2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

MPG 3.0l trooper with caravan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Caravan towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wirdy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmum wrote:
errh somethins not right with that Shocked  glasgow to cornwall - 650 miles each way, 21mpg towing a twin axle at motorway speeds, 30 around town , I thought I was doin well!

There was me thinking I was the only fool to drag my van a similar distance (from St Andrews to Dawlish)  Laughing Never again.

I'm sticking to Scotland this year and it'll be a static nect time Devon / Cornwall is contemplated.

Love the journey - it's the fuel cost that's the killer.

P.S -mine does 24 mpg towing, 29 on its own.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 14:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fintius maximus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I need an engine transplant - towing the tin tent from Sheffield to the Lizard in Cornwall a couple of months ago I was getting mid twenties - how on earth do you get over 30??
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best I have had from mine when towing is 23 worst 16 (the 16 was because I had two roof boxes on and foot to the floor to maintain speed up and down hills)
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

try travelling through the night. Shocked

i work nights driving a truck and am getting on average 8.9 to gallon. the best my day man can get doing the same runs, is 7.5mpg.  Laughing

cool air and less traffic. makes for good mpg.

Last edited by mutlley on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:50; edited 1 time in total
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say I agree with that, always get better MPG on a cool night.  I'm dragging my 6 x 4 Ifor williams trailer with its top extension box on loaded up with a large ride on mower/lawn tractor, complete with powered sweeper and a load of other *beep*, boxes of tools, 5 gallons of proper creosote and a roof load of 3m lengths of feather edge board 900 miles down to my house in France in about two weeks time, it still gets around 33 mpg at motorway speeds, sadly not in my currently MoT-less Trooper, in the wifes X-Trail.  I'd be lucky to see 25 in the troop so it does make a big difference in fuel over that distance.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
mickyboy63
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 20:58    Post subject: m p g =34 Reply with quote

Been driving at a maximum 2000 revs and have managed 34 to the gallon,very easy drive to
work and back.On the Isle of wight I did the same and got 31 to the gallon which is bril,lots
of hills and gear changes.

Towing the van there at a max of 2000 revs got 27 to the gallon,and there was half
hour of crawling traffic into that.On the way back driving
normally up to just over 3000 revs got 25 to the gallon.

I'm going to carry on driving solo at a max of 2000 revs,but with the van on
not going to bother.

Could be turning into my dad,driving wise. Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
bogtrotter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get between 30 and 34mpg solo this is over a variety of road types, but not much town driving
and I dont hang about never get less than 30mpg except when towing,
towing either a 16 foot trailer with up to 2 ton weight or mobile chill unit approx. the same weight
mpg drops to the low 20s.
Great machine for towing more grunt than a landrover and almost half the fuel costs
JohnW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just returned from 3000 mile tour of France towing a 1800 Kg 7 Mtr caravan with my 2002 3.0Ltr auto Insignia most of it on A type roads no toll roads used, and managed average of 22 MPG for complete tour didn't seem bad to me, aprox £200 for trip, however did make a slight miscalculation and ran out completely 2 miles from home  Embarassed  lukily had a can in boot.
I still wonder about 32 MPG I havn't managed that since my short wheelbase days not towing, can't get it out of my LWB auto or manual even solo.
JohnW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnW wrote:
Hi just returned from 3000 mile tour of France towing a 1800 Kg 7 Mtr caravan with my 2002 3.0Ltr auto Insignia most of it on A type roads no toll roads used, and managed average of 22 MPG for complete tour didn't seem bad to me, aprox £200 for trip, however did make a slight miscalculation and ran out completely 2 miles from home  Embarassed  lukily had a can in boot.
I still wonder about 32 MPG I havn't managed that since my short wheelbase days not towing, can't get it out of my LWB auto or manual even solo.

Appears I have made another miscalculation I should have said approx £550 for full trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Caravan towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: