2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Tappet check - 08 D-Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave N

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 20:00    Post subject: Tappet check - 08 D-Max Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the interval for checking the tappets on these? I have a swedish one, and the service check sheet says every 20K km's, so every 12K miles.

So each time I take it for a service they try and charge me an extra 1.5 hours labour to take off the rocker cover (and everything else that goes with it). So far, I've resisted, especially as they probably don't have any of the shims to alter any they should find out.

So just wondered what they UK service schedule says about it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 20:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our Eithan will know this for sure  Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't think the new ones have shims i think they are the old fashioned nut and screw type, i'll check tomorrow to see what a uk model is
jonathan63

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Dave   on the early ones it was 24,000 miles but i fund they where still ok and my tappets only needed doing at 48,000 ,how ever i will find out for you and get back to you ,,,

which part of sweden are you in
jonathan63

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

i have just found out the tappet adjustment for that engine is 24,000 miles or 48 months which ever comes first this came from Isuzu uk

jonathan
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit different according to the css-net, if you have the 2.5 version with the 4jk1 engine they are done every 12k if you have the 3.0 version with the 4jj1 engine they are done every 24k
jonathan63

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my info from isuzu uk
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

css-net is isuzus online workshop manual for everything isuzu from all over the world but it depends on what engine he has, is it the 3.0l or the 2.5l?
Dave N

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out near Ulricehamn, which is about halfway between Borås and Jönköping.

It's a 3 litre engine, with auto (not that that makes a difference!).

For the 2nd service (at 40k kms) they were quoting 5500 kronor, or about £490, which seemed a lot of money. When I queried this I was told it needed the tappets checking, plus a pollen filter, brake fluid change, and rear axle oil changing again, even though this was done at the first service. I declined the tappets, pollen filter and brake fluid, but relented on the axle oil after making sure they knew it needed the additive (at the first service they forgot this so had to take it back in again). I can do everything myself anyway, but need the stamp in the book for the warranty.

My experience of garages has never been good, so I only allow them to do the bare minimum, thus minimising the chance of a screw-up. Even though, they still seem to have trouble using a funnel properly, and leave oil all over the engine which then runs down the back of the engine. I figure if they can't even take the plastic cover off to get a better aim at the oil filler hole, what's the chances they'll check the tappets properly. I'll do them myself making sure everything goes back in the right place and all the wires routed properly.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the 4jj1 engine so should be every 24k
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: