4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bio diesel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cole

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 19:27    Post subject: Bio diesel Reply with quote

I have seen a few postings with regards to the use of vegatabe oil and diesel as a 50/50 mix.

Is it really that straight forward, that you can use vegatable oil and diesel together or is there some sort of process that i need to do before hand ?

I have often considered chucking some vegatable oil in my tank just to see how it goes but never had the bottle.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 19:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs thinning down a bit & filtering, so yes, in principle you can just bung it in. However, if you get caught by the Police they will report you to Customs & Excise for using fuel without declaring it, & you will have the book thrown at you for tax evasion!

It is fairly easy to get caught because of the sweeter smell given off by the burn process - you can tell if you have got your oil from the local chippy or the downtown Tandoori!
Lossie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate at the beeb said that a recent Eastenders storyline involved using old chip oil from Ian Beale's wagon as a biofuel. It didnt work and made the engine sound awful.

Suspicions are that the PC beeb wanted to disuade its viewers from the practice of using veg oil etc even though it WILL work if done properly (i.e. get the chips/bits of haddock out first).

Personally. getting stuck behind someone belching the smell of fish and chips would be nicer than borning old diesel!!!
vern

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can run on homemade 'so-called' Bio diesel but Paul's right on this one. The Government (C&E) will consider it the same as running on Red Diesel 'cos you're evading duty that would normally be charged on road fuel. To do it legally you have to declare it to C&E to pay the tax on it so it doesn't work out that much cheaper anyway Rolling Eyes and more hassle than pulling into your local garage! Oh, the fat will clog up the engine when its swithched off and cools down (think of fat in a chip pan cooling down).

On the Red diesel front; if you're stopped by the Fed's or Customs and they find you're running or have run on the red stuff (they test for traces of red in your tank), they'll take your pride & joy off you there and then!!!! Crying or Very sad

Check out their web site for details on this stuff.
Vern
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: