Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My Call sign

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you get in2 the ham radio lark,
ive got a magnum 257 rig but only use it on the tractor cos the contractor we use talks on 26.100,
always wanted to get in2 ham radio but dont know how to

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 20:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

danjamuk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to meet you Ray, I'm set up here for 40 but inter-G has not been to good, are you set up on 80? This is a good site im glad I came across it.

As far as getting into Ham radio it became easier with the introduction of the foundation licence, I think that the foundation licence requires a basic knowledge of radio (You don't need to be a electronic wizzkid to pass it) its the first step into ham radio.Many people stick with that as it gives you world wide contacts but with reduces power.I think you have to do a short course at you local club but that can be as little as a few days( I think)

Have a look at these links for more info mate, hope they help

http://www.g6dpp.com/cgi-bin/links2/jump.cgi?ID=599

http://server30162.uk2net.com/sbarc/train.php

http://www.g3vre.org.uk/mock/asp/quiz2.asp
the|stu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:31    Post subject: Callsign etc Reply with quote

Hello chaps,

I must have been one of the last people who applied for a CB license before it got de-regulated...

I was assigned a callsign at the time, it's 2H4LG, I run the CB all the time in my trooper, and where I live (Northumberland) there are a fair few blokes who are worth talking to, if you're in the Ashington / Blyth / Seaton Deleval / Hartley area there's a chain of old boys who helped me out and I'm sure would help (you) out, they're on the net on sunday mornings on channel 19 and sometimes switching to channel 32.

I really didn't have any clue about CB radios, I got the one I have setup in my troop and said ' Um... radio check ? ' and all of a sudden these old boys were like ' Check check stu read you ! '

To cut a long story short, they started diagnosing 'issues' with my signal quality over the air, but decided to 'go mobile' themselves and meet me down at the church point on the coast (newbiggin church point for any locals out there).

I drove down with my mate and sure enough there were several cars parked up with these blokes who jumped out and produced a wave length meter to calibrate my rig with.

So it just goes to show you that not everyone on a CB radio is interested in swearing on like an idiot....
...There's a fair amount of that goes on around newcastle area which is a shame.  Sad

I have a magmount antenna which I got from Maplin Electronics, I'm told that my CB would work 'better' from a rechargable 12v battery, because at the moment the only way I could get it to work was running an invertor from the cigarette socket outlet which has a variable power supply plugged into it which I've togged to 12v.  The old boys around here reckon that it works but it's not best case because when I accelerate I get this 'whizz' sound, I assume this is because of the altenator spinning faster etc.

Anyway, that's my take on CB radios. None of my mates have one though so it's a bit of a lonely world sometimes with nothing but static to keep you company, and also my girlfriends aunt (who doesn't move around too well bless her) tried to plug her seatbelt buckle into the microphone when I gave her a lift... Hmm.  Very Happy

Oh and before I forget...  I have a mark 4 trooper, and I'd love to get a gutter mount fitted... Does anyone know which one will fit ?
m0jfk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 23:44    Post subject: Hi or H I or even H I H I Reply with quote

hi or H I or H I H I is used to mean lol or laugh when using Morse Code but on Voice or (Phone in the ham world) some hams say Hi or even spell it and say H I and some to make sure you know they can spell say it twice so they spell it twice like H I  H I they use other daft sayings like MY NAME WOULD BE MARK when their name is MARK so I say well if your name is MARK what would it be? "when you said it WOULD BE" then hey? Another good one is when they say their call sign and tell us its their callsign by saying its for identity WE KNOW god damned it we know it is your call sign and we know its the stations identity so why label the point? and they spend or should I say they used to spend the best part of a year getting their city and guilds and their call sign then when they try to get a station they say BREAK and by doing so they are breaking their licence conditions because you establish a contact by first using your call sign...ah well old man's rant over with from Peter M0JFK for identity...lol...or should I say H I?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: