All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LCD Monitor Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 0:56    Post subject: LCD Monitor Issue Reply with quote

Hey Marky. Cast your beady eyes on this  (and everyone else) and tell me what you think is going on here. This is a top-of-the-range Sony LCD and after 3 years and about 8,000 hours of light domestic use it's doing this.

Under EEC laws, the product has to be fit for the purpose. Unfortunately, after 6 months the consumer has to prove it's not fit for the purpose but the vendor (not the manufacturer) is liable for up to six years if it's not fit. Now, everyone who knows about this stuff says that at worst, an LCD panel should last for at least 50,000 hours which is quite a few years. I have a Compaq LCD which is almost 10 years old and still perfect.

I have checked out the Video card, Mother Board, graphics card and loaded all the latest software. This is progressive screen failure IMO.

New ones are cheap these days, but it's the principle that counts. I paid top dollar for a good make so it WOULD last. It's so easy to go out and buy a new one and sometimes I think that's exactly what they want us to do but I'm going to have a go anyway.

What does the team think?

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 0:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its bleeding  Shocked
Is there a master reset in the screen options? if that doesnt work then you could try a gentle massage and a last meal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a laptop do the same. But sideways.??   A lot less hassle to bite the bullet and replace, but not Sony, on principal.
You could go bigger for less dosh now.
It is not the computer, it is the display. Borrow another screen, plug it up and it will be fine.
al_V6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cheap Dell monitor has lasted about 10 years so far too, its a bit wierd that a big brand like that would go wrong so quick.
Id deffo give em a call / letter and protest mate. Tell em about the other cheap makes that r outlastin em!
Take it that theres no chance it could have had a knock without u knowin?
Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: