4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ford alarm problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the flower man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 16:46    Post subject: ford alarm problem Reply with quote

hi all,just a quick question.a friend of mine has a ford sierra 1991 with a factory fitted alarm/immobiliser.it has immobilise the car and can not be de activated.can the alarm be removed compleatly or reset in any way?he is realy stuck as he is a carer and needs the car to get to his patients. all help greatly receved!! Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 16:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasnt by any chance locked it with the key then ulocked it with the remote has he ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

ello mark! na there is no remote fob,its all done on the key in the door job.the alarm unit is under the dash on the right hand side of the stering wheel.the wires are all colour coded but i cant find a diagram for it.
The Laird

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the alarm/imobiliser attach with a plug? If it does, look at the wiring loom side and see if there are
2 large pins/terminals in there. You could join them together. Usally they are the two that go to a relay in the
alarm/imobiliser that stops the starter motor working.  Check the pins in the plug with a meter to be on the safe side.

We had a problem with our 940 volvo. The fob failed with the car locked. unlocking it with the key set the alarm/imobiliser off.

Started it by jumping the starter motor and disconnecting the alarm horn. Just had to wait for the indicators to stop flashing!
But we drove it home. I then unplugged the alarm/imobiliser and left the link in until we got a replacement from a scrapy.
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Haynes manual in front of me and it doesnt say much apart from take it to the dealer for diagnostics Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  is there nothing you dont have a manual for mate?lol thanks the laird,just disconected the battory to see if it resets.next plan is to examin the plug and see if i can buypass the unit.thanks again for the usal reliable help!!
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a stab in the dark but try unlocking from the passenger side rather than the drivers, theres an activation switch on both front locks and the drivers may be faulty.  Idea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try holding the key over in the doorlock for a bit if its got the chip in the head type .

I think timpsons the boot & key shop can test your ford key and give you replacement one .
rc8r

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

i work for timpsons and yes it can be checked there, it sound like the chip has either fallen out or has got wet and wiped the code does the car turn over ?
the flower man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all for your help. just for future referance,if anyone has an old ford that has immobilised its self,taking the battory + off for half hour (cup of tea) and reconecting it reset the alarm and she turned over and fired up straight away! Very Happy
you are right about the door locks mark coz his drivers one has had it and he uses the pasenger one all the time Laughing
when immoberlised the engine would not turn over at all. anyway he is well pleased he can get round to check on all the people he is responsable for.and he said to say thanks! Very Happy
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he want the haynes manual? its no use to me  Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the red key is still with the car then id get 1 cut, cost around £12 max and is programed on the car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: