QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Slight( load) misfire with new FOC injectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markyyyy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 14:00    Post subject: Slight( load) misfire with new FOC injectors Reply with quote

Hi all. After contacting my local dealer my 150k mile 2000 (x) 3.0 trooper has just had 4 new injectors replaced FOC under the recall /good will warranty after it developed a major misfire.When it was returned it still had a major misfire which i then diagnosed to be a faulty injector wiring harness which wasnt plugged properly on one injector as the clip was broken.To be fair the dealer who fitted them agread to pay for a new one which i fitted and hey presto it ran like a dream(better than it had ever done in the 5 years ive had it) well for about 2 days anyway...   Now when its cold it runs great but as it warms up and especially under load you can feel/hear a slight misfire as the power deteriorates.
 Is there any way to tell if it is an injector and if so which one is at fault ? as it is fine when ticking over.( at the mo)  It seems to me it could be a faulty new injector ( how likely is this) but with them being replaced FOC im not sure the best approche. ( i have since replaced the oil rail pressure sensor but it is still exactly the same)The dealers tech 2 didnt show any faults
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 14:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech 2 will test the injectors by shutting one at a time off when the cars hot and the experienced ear can hear the change in note  and firing the electronic side with the engine stopped making an audible click  to check out that side of it ..

Not all faults come up as a DTC code so the dealer should look at  and compare readings that come up on the tech 2 screen.

Was the orps set up after being fitted ? It really does need to be .

If the misfire is when warm have you got the right oil in ?  5/30 synth  is best .
markyyyy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply/ info. It has got 5/30 synth oil with gen filters etc. As for the oil rail pressure switch, i took it to the local dealer once i fitted it and they assured me it doesnt need coding after they plugged it in( i also rang another dealer in Pickering who also told me it doesnt need coding! ) i was kind of convinced at this point i was wrong in thinking it needed coding and that they were right as the running seemed the same as with the old switch. The misfire is only really noticeable about 4000 rpm plus under load so im not sure the dealer will see anything on there scanner unless they were driving it.Ive got a feeling it may get worse very soon and maybe easier to detect but would i get another free injector( do they have a warranty period on my already free injectors )
Wirdy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might just be the ORPS then.  It does need to go on the tech2.

This doesn't so much 'code' it or 'program' it - it's only a dumb sensor - the reason is that the oil rail pressure should be released, then the ECU told that the voltage reading that is then coming from the ORPS means zero PSI oil rail pressure.
If you don't get this done then the zero datum point for the new ORPS will be incorrect, leading to incorrect fuelling.

Name and shame the dealers please, so we may avoid their incompetance.
markyyyy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wirdy for that,your info is greatly appreciated and makes sense. With the new pressure switch fitted and now running would the oil pressure at the switch need releasing ie slacken the high pressure pipe off before it can be coded or can it just be plugged in and reset? ( is there any other kit besides the tech 2 that can code it in ) thanks
Wirdy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely correct.  The tech needs to slacken the HP feed pipe to release the oil pressure PRIOR to zeroing with the tech2.  This is wht it's best done straight after ORPS replacement before first starting the engine.

An eggcup full of oil will seep so a good tech will put some rag under to catch it, rather than let it drip down the side of the engine.  This of course risks the 'o' ring seal being dislodged in the HP pipe, but it's gotta be done and a good leak check afterwards should be carried out.  The dealer didn't on mine and I had a big oil leak when I drove off down the road!!
markyyyy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS again for the info, Il get that done and take it from there regarding the misfire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: