QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

direct line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delchip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:56    Post subject: direct line Reply with quote

Hi I am with direct I swopped my comp over from a van to trooper that was OK apart from very high excess £500!!!but kept van on temporary cover for two weeks, after two weeks renewed temp they doubled the premium now have a claim on windscreen on troop had to use autoglass they cant do it for two weeks. The renewal comes up in April I will look else where. Confused .com
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

scj103
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of things - direct line are very good at what they do, but the 4x4 market is not their target market.  We run 2 cars, the house and 2 dogs with them, but not the trooper.
Bell insurance have been fantastic for the trooper, including a 24 year old female - for £300, fully comp for business class 1.

Direct line windscreens - if you go back to them and say Autoglass cant do it for 2 weeks they will usually allow you to use RAC windscreens I think.
Autoglass - if you go back to them and either offer to leave the car at a depot for them, or find out if there is someone in another area who can do it- if you work somewhere different from home, try the depot that covers the other area.
Usually you can get someone to do it within 48 hours if you offer them a couple of options. (I used to work for em!)
Better still if you can offer short notice cancellations and somewhere dry for them to do it, you'll get it done in the first rainstorm!!!
delchip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:24    Post subject: direct line Reply with quote

Thanks I will give bell a go looked at the website see it is part of admiral any idea why most of these cos have so many offshoots? not to bothered about windscreen as long as its done before MOT in march.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly there are only a handful of actual insurance companies. Its just the loads of brokers who get different deals that reflect the differing prices. That is why one broker will be higher for the same insurance company. I am currently with Swinton and fortunatly there is an office 3 mins walk down the road. I got a quote online from them and was a lot higher than I am paying. I got it down by walking into the office and saying I expect to be paying this much (quoting a realistic figure) and they matched it. Full comp with legal, medical, windscreen, european, the works effectively for £200 a year. I am 34 years old with 7 years no claims and live just outside city centre Norwich.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: