All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

BANG!!!!! OH WHAT NOW, AAHHHHHHH YOU C---

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Laird

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to remind us all this is the damage...................

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Craigs25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've recomended using an accident management company before. But this is a real case for them , 1 phone call and its done.
Noboby needs the poo your going through with your insurance. Best bet is cut out the monkeys and use 1 get your motor sorted and no more stress.

Good luck mate
sweeney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company giving us all this grief are NIG INSURANCE, they've now arranged to have garage collect the car on monday.   this is the service you get for fully comprehensive insurance and legal cover, so beware.

Then i wait 3-10 days for decision.   i spoke with the garage and when i told them the year of car, it was all oooooohhhhs  and aahhhhs he said it'll be close on whether they go for a repair or not.  no one has been out and seen the damage yet but i'm sort of resigned to loosing her.  Mad  Crying or Very sad

insurance have noted that i want the option to buy it back.

@craig   hey mate, i can't afford to pay out for a motor and then go through more stress trying to claim it back.  bought a vectra to replace the mondeo the mrs wrote off on new years eve, so we'll just use that while the circus goes on.

trying not to think to much about it, been getting serious pain in my chest, neck and shoulder area, been to docs today then ECG scan at hospital, arrived too late for a blood test so i have to go back on tues or thurs to get that done,  Confused   now have to take the ecg results to doctors, but they have closed early for staff training or something so i'll go back 2morow.  suppose results can't be bad if they're leaving it to me to deliver to doc.

what a start to the year eh.

The Laird

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, untill YOU say otherwise, YOU are the owner. No one can take it off you.
Craigs25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY the Laird good point that man .......

Sweeney Its Your motor mate it gose were you want it to go if you have a body shop that you have used in the past and were happy with there service then send it to them..

Dont let the Ba*#ards grind you down mate good luck send me a message if i can be any help
The Laird

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my Volvo was damaged the other year the insurance designated a garage.
They contacted them, so did I. No responce. I spoke to the insurance company and they gave me a list of local garages
they approved of. So I got to choose.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

When some weed fueled student tart ran into the front of my Nissan I specified the garage I wanted to do the repairs as I didn't trust anyone else with my "classic" car. They just asked for his details and sanctioned him as an authorised repairer.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

sweeney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a call from the engineer and they arn't going to repair it, he made an offer of £1000 and i've bought it back for £100.  Smile
need to get a headlight and indicator, just waiting to hear back off another itoc member about those.
so it hasn't worked out too bad, engineer thinks i won't need to get repairs verified by vosa but we'll see.
just been and collected car, ordered a wing off eblag which will do for now,   Cool   £35 and looks like a good match.

sweeney.

Red Oktober
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you've kept it ....  Very Happy
sweeney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Oktober wrote:

I must admit, with the cost of fuel and all that,  i was weighing up whether i should let it go,  but i just couldn't do it.
It hasn't used a drop of water or oil in the 2 years i've had it. bloody good old fashioned honest "does what it says on the tin" type of motor.
i love it, the mrs loves it,  the trooper isn't exactly fashionable and this is the oldest motor i've ever had, but i know i'd miss it,
its got character and its like part of the family, i suppose i'm hooked, i've never felt like this about a motor before.  Confused oh,  what do i sound like ?  Embarassed  Laughing

Red Oktober
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite sure your words will be echoed by other owners who feel the same about their motors what-ever the make/model Very Happy
Craigs25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on you mate.  Get the old girl back up to her best, Im sure the lads on here will be able to help with parts, quick lick of paint and you'll never know what had happened and you might even have a fue quid left over for a tank of juice  Smile

Did the insurance engineer give you any idea of the category or if they had writen her off because some times they don't write them off when they give you the option to buy them back .
cdavie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweeney wrote:
Red Oktober wrote:

I must admit, with the cost of fuel and all that,  i was weighing up whether i should let it go,  but i just couldn't do it.
It hasn't used a drop of water or oil in the 2 years i've had it. bloody good old fashioned honest "does what it says on the tin" type of motor.
i love it, the mrs loves it,  the trooper isn't exactly fashionable and this is the oldest motor i've ever had, but i know i'd miss it,
its got character and its like part of the family, i suppose i'm hooked, i've never felt like this about a motor before.  Confused oh,  what do i sound like ?  Embarassed  Laughing

I tried to sell mine for the summer due to the fuel costs and it not making as much sense in the warm weather, but I just can't do it either, both me and the missus love little "Jacub" and in the short time we owned him have grown rather attached! This is the first time I have owned a car that the other half wont let me sell!
Front brakes
Rear brakes
Ceramic heater
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: