All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

glow plug problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Mass

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 18:31    Post subject: glow plug problem. Reply with quote

i have a 1987 E reg 2.2td lwb trooper. i have had problems starting it from cold since i brought it so i decided to change the glow plugs a few days ago. the day after i changed them it started first time Very Happy . then the day after back to the old not starting routeen. i checked the voltage at each plug with the ignition turned on which read 6.13volts but while the engine is being cranked the voltage goes up from 6.13 volts to 10.89 volts at each plug. Confused The plugs i was give are 5 volt ones and i was thinking maybe that they should be 11 or maybe 12 volt ones as the voltage at the plug while cranking is almost double the rated voltage of the plug.

anyone had this problem or maybe or can advise me how to cure t as my battery is now having problems cranking it till it starts of a morning.

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 18:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BigBadBill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem as this but not with the glow plug voltage. mine is to do with the length of time the plugs stay on and i think it is to do with the thermo sensor for the glow plugs. i am trying to track one down now.
jon willy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello BBB ......... You still have not managed to source a sensor ?

Jon.
BigBadBill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Jon problem now solved,

was having a problem with the connector/wiring and all seems to now be working
fortunately i hadnt managed to find a sensor. all answers were to go to main dealer. Sad Sad

cheers

BBB
thengineer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

engine earths are a source of problems with glow plugs might be worth a try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: