2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Tech 2 OBD tester - Clones

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjohnsto

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:51    Post subject: Tech 2 OBD tester - Clones Reply with quote

Has anyone had any experience with the Chinese Tech 2 "Clone" testers?

In particular, the items offered by:
  Wandahong Technology (Shenzhen) Co Ltd  model HSA-026
or
  Kingtoptools  model  GM  Tech 2

(Google these company names and models)  for the specifications.  

Questions :  
   Does it work as per the real Tech2 (ie. read and write)?
   What is the price and delivery service from the company?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious as to why you would go down this route ? Launch and Carscan lite do a unit that will read most of the 3.0 stuff but not set anything to the ECU.

Tech 2 is a hand held diagnostic unit that reads serial bus info but it requires the correct 32/10 MB card in it for the system you want to test so you would need to buy the clone  tech  2 and the  Isuzu card and hope there are are no interface snags . Its the same  base tool that VX,Saab,Suzuki,Hummer and GM use  but each car needs its own card .
The card is the usual PIXAMA type thing  with an embedded read/write/protect set up and despite many efforts by others with uge IT abilitys I still cannot get this data out and onto a disk format, a blank card is over $200 !

A good quality Vertronix  ( the maker ) Tech 2 can be found on most  second hand sale websites if you include  the USA  at less than the clone is at present.

However ,I am keen to see some new  input here -
pjohnsto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to read all sensor parameters in real time.  

I would like to be able to command the ECU (Injector grading, setting Throttle Position Sensor, calibrating ORPS )

My reading of the specs of the clones are that they come equipped with the card - ready to go (with cloned GM software?).  Maybe I am misunderstanding something here in the equipment descriptions.  

If I could find a real Tech2 ready to go with Isuzu Trooper (at a reasonable price) I would consider purchase.
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm yes but if you read the spec it says -

Comes with one 32MB PCMCIA Card
Bi-directional
The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional
control when performing powertrain, chassis, and body diagnostics

Now having spent many yearswith diag gear that reads to me that the cards  GM  and as I posted you need a card for the car or makers products and Isuzu is not GM.

I have the GM card and it covers all the American GM cars but no Isuzu on it and you can get a 10 bit card on canadian eebuygum for about £100 .

I dont know anybody using a Chinese tech 2 or what sort of service back up you would get , possibly you would be a beta tester  in this area ?  Smile

Maybe one of  the Chinese Companys would donate one to the club for testing and proving purposes  Cool

This is a better type of thing in my opinion   -   330450091212  -  even if you buy the card and lead after .

If you get a blank card I would lend you an Isuzu card (small fee ) as the tech 2 can write the data from one card to another .
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need the tis2000 update disc which i.m only send out to dealers and tis 2000 installed on a pc, this update disc contains all the info as each update erases the card then rewrites it to the card with the new data. i've just done ours and updated the 10 and 32 card with all the 2010 stuff.
pjohnsto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got a quote from Aoto Tech Co for item A016:
(Google this company and include Alibaba in the search):
-----------------------
GM tech 2 diagnostic tool with  Isuzu Trooper software.
Price is 1450$, net weight is 8.5 kg, shipping is 90$
For total is 1540$

Warranty: offer one year warranty, including free updating, free repairing, and lifetime technical support.
Payment: accept via paypal, west union, and T/T
Delivery date: within 3 days upon receipt your payment.

-----------------------
So it seems they claim that it is ready to go with Isuzu Trooper software (which I specifically requested) AND
Free updating - whatever this means !
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

what software version is it running?
pjohnsto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software version not quoted, only:
          " ... from 1992 to current year".
The specs indicate that the vehicle and language should be quoted.  Isuzu is one of the vehicles listed in the specs.

Maybe ITOCUK should get one for a trial ???
pjohnsto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note in the Tech2 Instruction manual that some sensor parameters are displayed in both the units eg (MPA, degrees etc) AND a voltage.  

Q1.  Is the ORPS voltage available (the Tech2 screen dump examples don't show this parameter) ?

Q2.  I am measuring 1V at idle and steady driving at about 60kph. This rises to about 2V under moderate load.  Is this typical?

Maybe someone could measure some typical voltages and perhaps produce a table to assist those without access to a Tech2.
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see why you are intrested in rops voltages as its an easy to test item and not repairable or adjustable ..The figure of interest is the pressure in Mpa's that the ECU reads at the orps .

If the voltage in or out of the rops is out of spec it will (ECU) put on the MIL light . By 'flashing' the pin 4 and pin 6 in the OBD port you can call up any current or previous uncleared fault codes  .

Also as the whole system is dynamic and each engine  slightly different any rops  voltage chart would be only a guide not a reference table .

Just looking at some snapshots on my tech 2 and I dont see more than one type of unit for one sensor ,is this from the one you want to buy ?

But if you are doing from pure interest as to how the HUEI system works you can get a very good working guide from the Cummings Engine Co on line .
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

orps is only measured in mpa you don't need to know the voltage as long as you know what the pressures should be and as it shows you what the desired pressure is

Last edited by eithan h on Mon Jul 19, 2010 20:28; edited 1 time in total
pjohnsto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ECU receives inputs from a number of sensors to set the fuel mixture.  The sensors covered include:
- temp (eg. air, coolant, fuel, oil etc)
- pressure (eg. ambient air, manifold absolute, EGR, oil rail etc  )
- timing (eg. cranshaft position, engine speed, injector pulse duration etc)
- position/level (eg. throttle, accelerator etc )
The actual inputs are dependent on the type of sensor.  The temp sensors are 2 wire resistors which, with a regulated 5V source, result in a variation in CURRENT at the ECU.  The pressure and position sensors are 3 wire potentiometers, which with a regulated 5V source, result in a variation in VOLTAGE at the ECU.  

The ECU doesn't operate in MPA or degreesC only voltages (and currents).  Reference levels are programmed into the ECU and are compared with those received from the sensors and the appropriate signal is fed back to the key item controlling the parameter, eg. the ORPS pressure signal is used to set the pressure control valve to achieve the desired pressure.  

The ORPS is a precision transducer that produces a predictable (and reliable) voltage which can be calibrated to read MPA.  It is only in the Tech2 that the voltage is translated to display MPA.  Thus the voltage measured at the ORPS is a close indication of pressure (a slight variation may occur due the need for the sensor to be calibrated in the ECU at zero pressure).  So the ORPS voltage can be used as a direct indication of rail pressure once the relationship between voltage and pressure is known.  

If a particular ORPS produces a lower voltage in circuit than the "correct value" the ECU will attempt raise the pressure until it reaches the required value.  This will result in an over rich mixture - higher fuel consumption and black smoke exhaust.  The converse holds.

There will be no MIL fault recorded because the system is working OK  ...  The ECU varies the oil rail pressure and the sensor responds.  However if the ORPS sends a lower signal, then the mixture is too rich there is no feedback to directly compensate.
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats us told then eithan  Razz

Best of luck with yer mickey mouse tester there mate cos you wont be getting any inputs from me again .
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like it gribble but the tech2 still won't display the mpa as a voltage so you don't need to worry about it so like we said you only need to know what the pressures should be if your reading from tech2 and funnily enough i think i've forgotten..........
Wirdy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Thats us told then eithan  Razz

Best of luck with yer mickey mouse tester there mate cos you wont be getting any inputs from me again .

Is the card lend off the agenda then Gribble?   Razz  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: