2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

installing ic-706mk2 in trooper duty 1999 firewall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruffdog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:24    Post subject: installing ic-706mk2 in trooper duty 1999 firewall Reply with quote

Hi there,

Toby MM0TOB here.

I am currently about to try install my little Icom 706 into the trooper.
Has anyone got any hints as to where to run power cables from the drivers side battery through firewall.
also any other installation tips re;antenna mounts, mounting positions etc would be very helpful.

I don't have a remote head for it just yet and haven't cash for one of the auto mobile antennas etc so it will be a multiband coil
type whip antenna system.  Shame the 706 won't do 2 and 6m from the one antenna socket as there are a couple of 2/6 mobile antennas that would fit nicely and
again limited funds mean no duplexers etc.
oh well.

Any ideas and help welcome please.

Regards

Toby
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Steam Hound

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice radio by the way.
oldone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi you could try a splitter box for difrent antennas might look cool or poop depending what whips you use...do the 706 have a auto atu...
Nav

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby, I have got a Tait 2020 MSA set fitted where the little pocket is below the radio, Take the front part of the centre console out and remove the black surround from the radio part of the console, then the pocket is held in with 2 screws, once removed it will reveal a nice flat area to mount the radio support bracked on. I have taken a seperate power feed from the battery via the large rubber grommet at the read of the engine compartment, be carefull making a hole through and don't forget to fuse the lead, I have used a fuse on the earth line as well in case the main battery earth connection goes faulty.

Antenna is mounted on the roof via a proper mount throught the roof ( 12mm hole ! )

Regards
Pete G6GUH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: