4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wiring Diagrams For Lorries with Living

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 21:32    Post subject: Wiring Diagrams For Lorries with Living Reply with quote

Help.24v, then 12v, then 240v.....

I must of come over feeling feint one day as I have agreed to help SWMBO a Horsebox. Embarassed
For you lot  think of it as a ..............

Motorhome  !! Very Happy

I took a Mech with us and I bought on the Condition of Lorry, not fripperies or Paint colours.
It has a Coachbuild body and setup - I believe !

Anyway it is a 1997 Iveco Cargo Lorry (6sp) etc running 24v on the 'Lorry' side, and the usual 12v for the Living.
I have put in a Bluetooth Stereo Speakers, a Twin Camera system etc and had a 2nd Hand Eberspacher Heater fitted.
Downside is I have discovered the 2 x Lorry Batteries were on their knees, ditto the Living Battery.

So having discovered (we believe) the 24v side NEVER charges the 12v and being confused by that I have a dropper charger .... long story short, even with both12v and 24v isolator I have wiggly amps running around the Lorry!
I have found a plethora of RCD's in a an area above the Fridge.
Sooo, tomorrow I will have it to the workshops at my Yard, and we shall start to poke around.

The point of this post / thread?
I am desperately looking the internet for a "Typical" Installation and Wiring Diagram - DIY Motorhomes, Horseboxes, Even Boats, but not really any luck.

Anyone got anything they can share with me?
Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 21:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

KKW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this website http://www.motorhomefacts.com/forums.html
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers - that looks to be keeping me busy at least for a while !
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advise Builder - bit by bit, but not much on the Global aspect.

Shall keep Googling !
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, in the cold light of Day and with further poking around I have deduced :

Whilst there is 2x 12v to make a 'Lorry' 24V system, and a single 12V to make a Living System, there is also a 24v to 12v dropper in there somewhere so there is in fact 2 x 12v Living Systems coursing their way through the Lorry !!

At least I have found a form of Wiring Harness between the three  Very Happy

aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone is still interested (ever was? )

Judging by the sparks given off when we tried to 'review' the existing system and the odd flat battery we have had for no reason, I am assuming Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder put it together.Very Happy

Anyway - My Plans / Hopes are :

IP rated 240v Inlet hard wired in feeding a Consumer Unit.
Consumer Unit feeding a 240v / 24v Charger Booster, the 240V Fridge Circuit, and any Aux 240V Sockets.

The Lorry Alternator and above Charger are in turn is connected to the two Battery Banks (Lorry Engine / Lorry Living) Via a SplitCharge Diode  (the bit I am concerned about TBH.)

From there, One split goes straight back to the Lorry Batteries via an Isolator (currently on +ve, I will hopefully swap to the -Ve)

That should have the Lorry isolated from all other Drains than the lorry itself, yet charge all Batteries whilst driven, and giving the ability to charge all batteries if hooked to the Mains via the Shore Supply. BUT better still, by switching the Charger to 'Boost' giving an 18A output, I can jump the Lorry from the Mains or the Generator we have so the OH could easily get going again if stranded rather than worrying about Jump leads / Sparks etc..

OK - moving over to the other side of the Lorry - the Leisure Batteries are isolated too, and power 24V supply to the Diesel Cab Heater, the General 24V Lighting, 24V Water Pump, and a 12V Dropper to Power the Tri-Source Fridge (240V/12V/LPG).

I have been advised that I am wrong with that Diode - the Voltage drop is to much apparently, and I need a VSR (Voltage sensitive Relay) instead.

Thoughts, Opinions, (cares??!)

I KNOW a better job can be done, and a better spread of bits and pieces could be used, but it will escalate to Hundreds and Hundreds unless I do it myself with all of these bits and pieces I have 'collected'.

See if you can spot the obvious mistakes ! Wink
aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Job done. Picked maybe the worst day fo the Year for it on Saturday with snow around, but Dad and I ripped it out, and started a fresh - got it all fired in and Jbs a  good un.

Plugged it in to the Mains and you could see the charger pulling 15A dropping down to 2A overnight.
All good except for one oversight of mine buying  12V Switch Panel  not a 24v Switchpanel - so the bulbs behind the switches get dammed hot, but I will change that as soon as I find a good replacement.

The most important thing is that I have separate the living from the Lorry so I feel satisfied that if SWMBO goes off for an evening and uses the indoor lights, the lorry WILL still start !!

Cheers for the inputs....
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: