All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

computer is dog slow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baker81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 20:28    Post subject: computer is dog slow? Reply with quote

hi can anyone tell me why my computer is so slow you want to bang your head on the wall it's a emachine with 2.30 ghz 80gb 512mb not the worlds top spec but  it has become realy slow when loading up we have tried all the tricks with no joy at all  some times it will not let you on to something  atall we had a so called computer wizz kid who fiddled about for an hour and a half then charged us a fortune just to leave it worse than before is there any one who knows anything about these things any help would be greatly recieved thanks baker81. Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 20:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jimmie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Format the hard drive and reinstall everthing, this usually is the quickest and easiest way to fix it.  Wink
greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI google CCleaner (*beep* cleaner) it works very well and is free - i use it on Vista and XP with great results
cheers
Steve
markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

press ctrl/alt/del and click processes, this will tell you where your system resources or being used, my pc's are generally running about 36 processes and the cpu ticks over at about 10%
My gut feeling is you are running loads of programmes in the background and maxing out your cpu.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id go with markymoans option ..you can then run a little program called enditall...which will stop all running processes that dont need to be running..you can also not close programs you may be using at the time of running the Enditall...program.
mbw13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Jimmie on this one  Very Happy  A little more time consuming then a cleanup tool, but in my opinion you can't beat it.

Unless your hard drive is making odd clunking sounds, spinning up / slowing down frequently...

We have 10 EMachine laptops at work which have a basic recovery system built in. Does yours? Something about "Press F10" for system recovery at first startup / boot.
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
press ctrl/alt/del and click processes, this will tell you where your system resources or being used, my pc's are generally running about 36 processes and the cpu ticks over at about 10%
My gut feeling is you are running loads of programmes in the background and maxing out your cpu.

Agree, just done mine now spot on, amazing how many programmes were running

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only problem is that these programs will all come back on once you reboot the pc..but to actually stop these programs coming back on you can use the msconfig tool..press start/run and type in "msconfig" this will bring up the system utility options..go to start up at the top and phisically untick the programs you dont want to run on start-up...then when you reboot a box saying that you have used the system configuration utility and you juct click never show this again and your sorted...dont worry about stopping programs as the pc will start with the programs it needs..but if your unsure what ones not to tick...any showing with microsoft id leave alone....
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he got rid, it was 2 years ago  Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehehe may be I should check thread dates...
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
Maybe he got rid, it was 2 years ago  Laughing

Oh woops.....  Embarassed  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: