All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Philips radio - partly working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horsemad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:00    Post subject: Philips radio - partly working Reply with quote

Hi to everyone,

I bought my first Isuzu Trooper (Duty - 2002 model) a couple of weeks ago and so far so good but never having had a 4 x 4 previously it's taking a bit of getting used to.

One thing that's been baffling me is the radio/cassette. I can only get a local station (it's about 2 miles away) and nothing else, just hiss. This is the same for medium and FM. The cassette works fine. The aerial pops up dutifully every time.

My husband thought perhaps the aerial connection had come loose at the back of the radio but we looked last night and it was fine. The details on the radio itself said it was a 'Philips ARC 549/98' but I can't find this on the web. The manual that came with it is for a completely different radio.

Not sure what to do, if I try to tune it it says 'SEARCH }' and only finds this one station. I tried to upload a picture but can't seem to manage it. It says ISUZU in red on the cassette flap so I'm assuming it's original to the vehicle.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the electric aerial working?

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
horsemad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the aerial comes up when engine switched on.
Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet someone took out their good CD Radio and stuck an old one in when they sold it so it might never have been working.
horsemad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I suppose the radio might well be broken but it's strange that it picks up one station but not any others.

A new radio might well be on the cards.  Sad

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: