All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Taking it easy

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbw13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's been just under 1 month at the panel beaters. Went and had a look on Monday at the technician's request as usual. Had a prime coat applied and was in the final stages of sanding out the bumps and runs before heading into the booth for the top coat. Re-quoted this Friday as day I can pick it up Very Happy 1 week over estimate aint too bad I guess.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/mbw13/46192ba3.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/mbw13/17.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/mbw13/26482b45.jpg
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 20:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good!

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
mbw13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beast has retunred Exclamation

Took it out for a drive this morning in the rain. WOW! The water drain strips work! Amazing Very Happy Was worried for a few seconds as I haven't heard water flowing quite so nicely before.

Set me back little shy of NZ$1300. Well worth it, paint matching is spot on and all the re-built areas are as good as new.

Hope to take a good photo when the weather clears up. Wink
mbw13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! The work is complete!

Bought the beast for NZ$2450, and spent about NZ$2000 on getting everything up to scratch, and then some Very Happy

Latest project was getting the exhaust system to sound and run more effectively. Turns out it's had a hole in the flange for quite some time, and the hole has got gradually bigger over the past month, or in other words there was nearly no fumes coming out the back! Shocked

Got that fixed, now she runs as smooth as anything! Much smoother on throttle response and the power boost is amazing.

Not a spot of rust on it now, exhaust is A-grade, just got a warrant of fitness which it flew through without any warnings, much to my amazement given the age of it!

Hope to take it off-road soon, just got to find a club in my area.
mbw13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 20:24    Post subject: Gravel Road Reply with quote

Hi all,

Been in Taupo for the past while working at a kids summer camp so haven't been around.

Took the Trooper semi off road about 30 minutes drive from home.

The track is just a gravel DOC (Department of Conservation) road which winds a little way up Mt Pirongia. No mud, but very dusty and dry. Not a bad view up there. The camera is not the best as it came in a gift box of Lynx shower stuff.

Drivers view

A shot of the Trooper by one of many DOC access roads.

Up by the Pirongia Camp / lodge

mbw13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:26    Post subject: A Good Drive! Reply with quote

Hi guys,

thought I'd put this down here for the record.

Decided to go for a drive today. Had a target in mind but went about another 100Kms beyond that. Nothing better to do at the moment given the long weekend and teachers college doesn't resume for another few weeks yet.

To be more specific I drove down to Taupo (big blue lake in the middle of the north island), which is about 2 and a bit hours drive from where I live, grabbed some food from there then headed for a favourite spot where the summer camp I work at launches the kayaks, another 20-35 minutes drive south of Taupo to a place called Mission Bay.

The power available to overtake slower vehicles on the road is amazing! It's only a 2.6L petrol 4 cylinder but heck theres a bit of grunt under foot when you need it! To anybody considering buying an older Trooper, go for it. Only downfall for me at the moment is the fact that it's 28 degrees celcius outside which can become rather taxing on a long trip. All up have done 445Kms give or take, and one tank of gas.

Very Happy
The PIG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pictures mate, looks shiny still Wink
I've got a 2.6 in mine they have got some power behind them, and they're very reliable.
What year is yours?
mbw13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Model year is 1988.

Saw a few of these driving around yesterday while in Lake Taupo area, must have been the day for it I guess. Never seen so many in one day! Very Happy

On Wednesday last week we had a nasty rain storm (in the middle of summer!) which caused some streets to flood around our area. No houses effected thankfully but the water level was too deep for most vehicles. Not the Trooper though, which I'm again glad to own as it got the whole family home comfortably until we could get the other car home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: