All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Engine missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W G Stewart- Ross

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 14:56    Post subject: Engine missing Reply with quote

Engine missing - like runnng on 4 cylinders (Citation 3.0 diesel) Could it be the MAF or more likely injector.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 14:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

More likley a injecter if if running ok apart from the missfire time to take it to isuzu for tech 2 mate to find out for sure Sad
W G Stewart- Ross

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks,  I'm actually in Spain - we tow our caravan down here evey winter for the better weather (I'm retired 10 years!).  I took the car to a local little garage and they did talk about injectors - so we will see what happens! Worried about the cost (even in euros!   Thanks again Graeme
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

W G Stewart- Ross wrote:
thanks,  I'm actually in Spain - we tow our caravan down here evey winter for the better weather (I'm retired 10 years!).  I took the car to a local little garage and they did talk about injectors - so we will see what happens! Worried about the cost (even in euros!   Thanks again Graeme

ouch when was they last done under warrenty
W G Stewart- Ross

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's 2002 and 130,000 miles with no service history!  So it probably is ouch.  Should injectors need replacing?  and are they usually done under warranty?  By the way - what do they cost + fitting (in UK)?  Whatever - this car has been absolutely marvellous and I would even have another old one...Towing abilty is phenomenal (I have a big heavy twin axle van and it will even start on a 1:5 hill in Cornwall.  She was covered in scratches when I bought it (?farm use) but for reliability I have never had a better car (and VERY comfortable too).  Fuel consumption over 30 mpg - I don't drive fast..
Graeme
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id er phone a uk dealer you might have a valid freebee injecters waiting for you
W G Stewart-Ross

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks - willdo - might they send me the injectors?  If so can I continue driving the car?   Graeme
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

W G Stewart-Ross wrote:
Well thanks - willdo - might they send me the injectors?  If so can I continue driving the car?   Graeme

if you can get a set underwarrenty its worth a drive back be cheaper than buying a set  Wink
W G Stewart- Ross

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

`Thanks, absolutely!  I have phoned Isuzu in London and they say that if the number on the injectors is earlier than 554264 this means they were not replaced under warranty following a safety recall last year.  So far I haven't been able to check the serial numbers - fingers crossed...If I'm unlucky it seems it's not possible to get hold of a single injector in Spain (only a packet of four @ 2000 euros!!.   Might it be possible to find a single injector in UK?  after all only one has gone.   Graeme
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can buy a single injector if needed old mill do send them all over the place but you will need to get it coded and you will need some new seals to go with it

Last edited by eithan h on Tue Sep 30, 2014 21:53; edited 1 time in total
W G Stewart- Ross

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks eithan - grateful.  will note their phone number.  Roll on a possibly rather subdued Christmas!  G.
sorrell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question following on from this thread - my 2002 citation trooper had a blown engine in 2008 following faulty injector seals. The warranty had runout and the engine was rebuilt on good will - I am having  similar problem when running ( and also a cold start problem ) but it does sound like its not running on all cylinders when its doing its intermitent not running right. I spoke to the dealers this morning and they have advised that if an injector has failed again I wont be covered - but I notice there was another recall last year from this post - is this something to follow up and howdo you find out the seriel number on the replaced injectors ????
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's always worth trying a claim as they might say yes but generally anything 2 yrs or older gets refused nowadays
W G Stewart- Ross

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 14:33    Post subject: injector replacement Reply with quote

The saerial number on the injectors can determine if they were changed under guarantee, which means if the number was BEFORE that date they will be replaced free.  You can get the number from ringing Isuzu in London with registration no of the car  Graeme
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me clear this up, the serial no. on the injectors is a cut off point not a date. any injectors that have a serial no. before the cutoff point are normally changed under goodwill by isuzu as these are deemed to be the cause of several issues this engine can have.
any injectors that fall after the cutoff point are deemed to be ok but due to isuzus good nature if you had a problem with one they used to change it for you but isuzu to their credit have been doing this now for the last 12-13 yrs or so and have decided that it's time to end the free injectors under goodwill, so they are slowly winding it down so there is a time limit now of 2 yrs which means if you have had a set fitted within the last 2 yrs there might be a chance not a guarantee  though of getting a set for free. this is getting harder and harder though  and i'm pretty sure we will see it end altogether very soon.

so if you have a set of injectors above the cut off point but fitted over 2 years ago then i wouldn't hold out much hope of getting a set for free.

if they are above the cutoff point but fitted within the last 2 years then there is a slim chance isuzu might have some goodwill left so it would be worth getting a dealer to submit a claim.

if they are below the cutoff point then theres a very good chance you can get a set of new injectors.

hope this helps clarify things but remember at the end of the day it's down to isuzu, the above is what we have found as we submit claims as they come along so don't shout at me if they say no and i've said they might!!!!!! Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: