QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

matching wiring colour codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len Monahan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 16:23    Post subject: matching wiring colour codes Reply with quote

Hello fellow Isuzu fans, looking for some help. Does anyone know anything about matching old wiring colour schemes to modern colour codes?
Am dcoing some work on old Deutz tractor(German) but colour of wires bit confusing. I have lots of stripy coloured wires - black+red, white+black, green+black, red+white, blue+black - but no solid colours except solid brown.
I'm wondering how to match these to modern colours. Does a stripy red+white wire correspond to a modern white wire or a red wire for
example? Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 16:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest most manufacturers made up what colour wires they used on their vehicles depending what mood they were in that day. Well that seems to be what I have experienced. For example the speed sensor wire from the dash is light blue+red trace on Vauxhalls, but will probably be different on Fords.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you at the engine or tractor ? I know Deutz wiring fairly well, is it an aircooled one ? Browns will be the earth and the coloureds lives to items .

If you give us an idea of what your up to , renewing or upgrading ?

The wires will be a main colour with a smaller tracer colour for example  - white with red trace is 99% times  starter solenoid.

There is no handy way of matching up that I have seen to date .
Len Monahan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gribble, yeah air-cooled D6806 agri tractor, mid to late 70s.  All lights missing, headlights, indicators front and rear, parking lights, ploughing
lamp behind, even horn under bonnet gone Sad  Previous owner says it was gutted for some other tractor. So basically there are wires hanging
all round the place.
Got new light cluster for rear, four wires:black, blue, red and yellow on left side; on right side cluster have black, blue, red and green.  Hanging from
where old light cluster was once upon a time I have on left stripy black and white x2 wires, stripy black and red and solid brown; pn right side I have
stripy red and white, stripy green and black, stripy black and red and solid brown. I need to match up new to old to give me indicators left and right,
brake lights left and right, rear parking lights left and right.

Old cluster Right: red+white           New cluster Right: black     Old Left:black+white    New Left:black
                       black+green                                     blue                  black+white                  blue
                       red+black                                        red                    black+red                     red
                       solid brown                                       green                solid brown
Len Monahan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, omitted yellow there last column.
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha - get back to you in while  Wink
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice engines until they get an oil leak  Sad
We had a magirus truck and an Atlas 1602 both with the 4 pot version then a Poclain with the 5, they never ever failed  Cool
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poclain was eventually bought out by Case ... little known fact.

Deceased

markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
Poclain was eventually bought out by Case ... little known fact.

dark yellow and called Case Poclain, theres a dealer not 1/2 mile from me  Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

And forgot to mention, front of tractor where indicator/parking light cluster used to be I have on Left solid brown, and stripy black+white wires x2; on Right Ive got stripy red+white, stripy green+black and solid brown. That old cluster held a 5w parking light and a 21w indicator. Previous owner said everything electrical was working on tractor except indicators, so suspect flash unit has gone.

Have got brake lights going this morning by connecting up new solid red wires with old black+red stripy wires.  Blew fuse in process of elimination Smile
Will toil on after supper tonight.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len Monahan wrote:
And forgot to mention, front of tractor where indicator/parking light cluster used to be I have on Left solid brown, and stripy black+white wires x2; on Right Ive got stripy red+white, stripy green+black and solid brown. That old cluster held a 5w parking light and a 21w indicator. Previous owner said everything electrical was working on tractor except indicators, so suspect flash unit has gone.

Have got brake lights going this morning by connecting up new solid red wires with old black+red stripy wires.  Blew fuse in process of elimination Smile
Will toil on after supper tonight.

This is why I hate electrics. I have before now been tempted to rip out everything and make up new looms.

Deceased

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: