2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

changed fuel filter now no start :o(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2manyhorses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 18:07    Post subject: changed fuel filter now no start :o( Reply with quote

we changed the fuel filter on our 3.0 trooper yesterday, did everything correctly, filled the filter with diesel, primed it using the button on the filter head, now it has refused to start.

Today I've stripped off the filter, manually drawn the fuel from the tank so knew there was diesel there, it still won't start  Sad

I know there's diesel in the tank but for whatever reason the pump doesn't seem to be drawing it from the tank to the filter  Confused
I've tried jumping it from another car, bumping it, nothing.  Had the battery on charge this afternoon in case for some reason the immobiliser has activated itself through a flat battery, and therefore cut off the fuel supply.
Tried it again after the battery was charged, still won't start.....

help!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 18:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you bleed the filter head on the 10mm bolt ? Reason I ask is that if the inlet valve to the filter head is duff once the fuel runs back it wont draw again up from the tank again so if it wont spurt out the bled screw when you pump thats a clue .

Way round it is to find the return line from the back of the head , black rubber pipe with a thumb clip on it and suck !.

Thus filling the whole filter and lift pump,head and gallery  with fuel which wont run back from the lift pumps inlet valve .

Obviously dont suck diesel into you as it takes much beer to get rid off the taste  Smile .
2manyhorses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, have come to the conclusion that the filter head is cream crackered!  gggrrr
need to find a new one now that won't require the sale of a kidney on eebuygum to fund it!
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got caught out first time I changed mine. the filter that was sent and I didnt notice had a convexed thread and it should have been concaved
hence why I now will only by genuine Isuzu filters  Rolling Eyes took a while before I noticed that the filter was drawing in air because altho it was
tight on the threads had not sealed, because it had sucked air it took a fair bit of cranking but did start but has been ok since.

David ltm47
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: