All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Remedial fix for wheel arch mud trap ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowy1998

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 15:43    Post subject: Remedial fix for wheel arch mud trap ? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, new to the forums...

Just in the process of getting myself a 2000 3.0 DOHC its a minter inside and out, low miles.  only problem i can see is in the rear door sill where it meets the wheel arch the paintwork is starting to blow out.  A quick fish round the back in the wheel arch and you can feel down between the frame and the sill a big gap that collects all the *beep* thrown off the wheel causing a continual wet patch, hence the rust.

I guess this is a known problem, but cant seem to find anything by searching the forums.  Has anyone any experience of fixing this, I would thing all it really needs is a cleverly engineered piece of plastic fitted to stop the ingress, or is there actually some trim of some sort that should be there to prevent it in the first place?

thanks if anyone can shed some light on this
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 15:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

snowy1998

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow over 50 views and nobody has a 3.0 trooper they can check! c'mon guys I thought this was a trooper owners forum  Surprised

Last edited by snowy1998 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51; edited 1 time in total
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of.waxoil on mine no probs  with mine
Oh and give peeps chance they will get back to you
snowy1998

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply.  The comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.  I guess I am used to geek forums where u get replies in 10 minutes rather than 10 days LOL.  I guess peeps on here are a bit more sedentary with their browsing habits (too busy mudplugging Smile )
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wash mine with a hose, then fill it back up with mud  Laughing
but to be honest they dont normally have body rust problem only chassis  Rolling Eyes  
I worry more about road salt  Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: