4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

7 seater conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrooperDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:31    Post subject: 7 seater conversion Reply with quote

As we all know the LWB comes in either 5 or 7 seat flavour. I for one thought that the 5 seater I have could be easily converted. Isuzu, however, in there wisdom have two different body styles in the LWB version. The five seater as i'd hoped does not share the same metal work in the boot as the seven seater. There were no markings or anything for mountings or holes.  Well it can be done but it is not easy.  I ended up having to transplant steel work from the (white) doner car by drilling out the spot welds and using bolts there place. The steel work was clearly triple skinned on the 7 seater version so I had some serious beefing up to do on some areas. Especially the belt mountings. What surpised me the most however was that I phoned the insurance co and told them i was doing this. They came back to me and said "thats fine" we know it comes in seven seater versions so no problem and no extra charge  Rolling Eyes   Some pics seat mount 1   seat mount 2  seat mount 3  seat mount 4  seat mount 5
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

suprised at the insurance who you with they sound nice
normally somthing like that they want receipts to say its been carried out by a proffesional
TrooperDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts exactly so I got it writing too. I put my initial query on the Admiral website and they called me back to say its ok. Not one to trust a verbal "ok" from an insurance company I then asked them to confirm in writing which they did to my email. The email had my web enquiry on it too. I was amazed  Laughing  Admiral have been quite good really. At the start they were the cheapest and also the only ones not to bother asking about alarms and immobiliser proof of fitting.
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

danny20202003 wrote:
my thoughts exactly so I got it writing too. I put my initial query on the Admiral website and they called me back to say its ok. Not one to trust a verbal "ok" from an insurance company I then asked them to confirm in writing which they did to my email. The email had my web enquiry on it too. I was amazed  Laughing  Admiral have been quite good really. At the start they were the cheapest and also the only ones not to bother asking about alarms and immobiliser proof of fitting.

il try them next time not too happy with mr flux there be losing both my car insurances next year
simon.cathy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 18:04    Post subject: photos Reply with quote

Hi, I was looking at your photos, and wondered how you mounted the seatbelt - do you have any more pictures of the job? I will be doing the same job soon, but I won`t have the donor vehicle - I have to tell someone a hundred miles away what parts I need removing from the donor. Can the existing trim be cut to suit, or do I need all the correct parts?
Thanks
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

A note about insurance, my V5 does not state how many seats it has so in theory adding 2 seats doesnt matter  Idea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard wilkinson wrote:
danny20202003 wrote:

il try them next time not too happy with mr flux there be losing both my car insurances next year

im with admiral Rich, mine is £240 fully comp with guaranteed no claims, the mrs argued with them and they have knocked another £20 off Very Happy

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: