4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

The AA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebelpaul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 21:23    Post subject: The AA Reply with quote

Right where do i start.....................After an excellent weekend at tong i got about 20 miles down the road and temp went sky high with blocked rad and clutch was slipping so decided to stop and call AA for recovery.
I called at 6:20pm and told them clutch was buggered so no point trying to fix it i need recovery and was told help would be with me within an hour.
Nearly 2 hours later a spec lift arrived and told me he cant recover me as his vehicle was unsuitable!!
AA called me back to say a flat bed truck was in the area but he had to have a 45 min break before he could recover me and i would be helping them out as this driver was based in my area so i agreed.
He eventually arived and told me he wouldnt be able to take me all the way but he could take me to cambridge and transfer me onto another truck!!!
To cut a long story short it took the AA nearly 9 hours to get us from the m62 near tong to ipswich !!

Im a member through my bank account and thats the only reason i use them so even if i complained i cant see how they could compensate me but im tepted to take a friends advice and joing flux rescue.

swb 3.1 with 2 inch lift and 12000lb winch
running 31-10.5-r15 fedima extremes.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 21:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TrooperDan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good mate sorry to hear that. I also had to stop on way home cos the rad was mudded up. Quick jet wash and temp was ok. You still want the light unit ?
rebelpaul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did stop and jet wash it as best i could but that stuff was like clay and wouldnt budge, had the rad out yesterday and did it properly and its fine now.
Yes i do mate but got a little cash flow problem this week as im having to have a new clutch put in on thurs/fri.

greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'll pm you my number - i came from warrington to Bury st edmunds - could have towed you
cheers
Steve
rebelpaul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

greasemonkey wrote:
Well i'll pm you my number - i came from warrington to Bury st edmunds - could have towed you
cheers
Steve

It wasnt all bad, i wasnt going to let a bad trip home spoil the weekend, im always made to feel welcome at any event ive been to so far and the company and the off roading made it all worth while.
on the plus side i probably saved myself £60 in diesel.
all is well that ends well ! well it will be when i get all the bits i broke at tong fixed lol.

markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AA are pants unless you just want them to change a wheel  Laughing
Flux have recovered me twice in the last year and both times there was no silly van, they ask on the phone and just send the right vehicle first time.
You get a text within about 10mins with the recovery firms name and ETA, cant fault them  Cool
Oh, they arrived within 1hr for us and took us home + caravan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im insured with flux so il give them a call to find out how much it is to add recovery to the policy

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar level of *beep*$$ from the AA years ago. With the RAC now and no faults what-so-ever. I got full blown personal cover with them for both me and the wife for £100 a year. Complete with home start, if either of us are in someone elses car, and full home recovery. Both times I have had to use them they have been able to "fix" the car enough to get me home and had the guy there within an hour from initial phone call.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: