4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

POWER STEERING PROBLEM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STUGGY6

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 21:34    Post subject: POWER STEERING PROBLEM Reply with quote

I would like some advice if possible to as what could be wrong on me 3.1Td Long wheelbase Irmscher.......It turns to the left perfectly at standstill and when reversing or moving slowly.....but turning to the right at standstill or reversing or moving slowly it is sometimes very stiff not always but enough to cause concern...when on the move it seems okay but as i said when turning it right to left at stansstill it is definetly harder to turn to the right..........i have checked the belts and power steering fluid...and for leaks and i cant find a problem.........has anyone else experienced this problem...and is it ominous.like a new rack or pump is needed(hope not).........any comments???

thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 21:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

harald

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you had steering box ajusted ? as it might be over tight ?
STUGGY6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

harald wrote:
have you had steering box ajusted ? as it might be over tight ?
Not as yet but the steering was perfect up until about a month ago????????
harald

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it wont be the box then i whent for the easy one first just in case you had it ajusted . but that not being the case thier could be a lot of faults and this one sound odd but have you checked your fuel filters and put new one in as if they get blocked at stand still engine revs can reduce and the lower revs might not work the steering box 100% same thing might affect the power brakes sighn would be a bit more preasure needs to be put on to stop it but only when the car is idling over a distance before you stop also air leaks on fuel has same effect so check filters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: