QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Sad goodbye to the Trooper - Welcome Disco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:02    Post subject: Sad goodbye to the Trooper - Welcome Disco Reply with quote

Hi people,

Well today's a sad day. Had to farewell my old mate the Trooper from 1988. It's been on my mind for a little while as all of the door and window rubber seals needed replacing, electrical issues were poppijng up left right and center, exhaust was still not right after several workshop efforts, and that bloody rust demond was popping up around structural components.

Apart from these minor details, the Trooper has been a legend and a pleasure to own. Got me and the family through thick thin and deep! Very Happy A salesman made an offer I couldn't refuse, the best I've had in a long time.

Trade up to a 1995 LandRover Discovery face lift version. 3.9L V8 petrol with auto trans. Bit of a granny shift going to an auto but the V8 sound makes up for that! Wink

Might even post a pic of the new wagon in a week or so.

Cheers guys.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

leehorspool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to disagree with you, that is a trade down, not a trade up. Have fun with her, you will miss the Trooper though !!! Shocked
And todays' problems will become tomorrows !
jjcymru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice note but painfully thirsty. A relative of mine has a 3.5 with a manual box and we cant get more than 10 to the gallon. an auto will be worse!
The PIG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

MBW-Good luck with new car, Should get the disco for family car and keep the good old trooper Wink
Enjoy the Disco, good cars
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

It's a shame I had to let the old beast go. It got to the point where I couldn't justify putting further $1000 into it when I was given a warning from an AA friend that it may fail the next WOF / COF.

I will definately look out for another Trooper in the future. Depending if I get garage space big enough Exclamation When my younger brother decides to drive I might try and line him up with an older Trooper.

As for thirsty, say no more the fuel light came on while I was driving home last night doing 110kph Laughing I think this may be a common occurence
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, here is a photo of the new machine, well new to me anyway! I can't afford a brand new one as they go for little shy of the price of a cheap house here! Laughing

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/mbw13/Nexttolodgeandsummittrackentrance-1.jpg

Well I'm kind of down heartened to be saying this, but took the Disco back to the dealer this morning after feeling the power steering decide to give up and nearly throwing me off the road at the same time! A strange and un-nerving feeling suddenly having the power steering go while on a reasonable kind of corner Shocked Will take a couple of days to fix so the bloke said.
The PIG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Disco mate Wink
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Cheers
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it was coming, here is the internet advert for the old machine.

http://metromtrsham2.autotrader.co.nz/Tig/Yard/Yard.aspx?UsedCarID=1546263&DealerID=66343&NoPBHeader=1&HideLocation=true&ItemDetailsTemplate=Autobuy&Alias=metromtrsham2nz
jjcymru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you kept the old trooper in good nick, fair play.

Gotta love the pull turn handbrake lever ala renault master..so 80's!!
The PIG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Motor mate, done you proud Wink ,looks so clean Wink

Pull Turn Jandbrake-Mines got of those and I love it,gives it character, also when you hop into the Pathfinder you always go for it,very annoying and confusing Laughing

Happy Motoring in your Disco MBW Wink Wink Very Happy
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Cheers guys!

That handbrake was a real talking point! A great joke trying to see people let it off, or even trying to find it, usually they're automaticaly feeling around the center console for it. Laughing My poor mother used to use both hands to try and let it off, often asking me to let it off. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: