4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 Cold starting problems.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suzu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

seals have gone on the injectors which would explain your bad starting remember to do new sleeves as well
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 22:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

James

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleeves?

what/where is that then?

good opurtunity to use 5/30w anyway..
suzu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sleeves are what the injectors sit in in the head apparently they have modified them and it's recommended to change them at the same time. but do keep checking the oil level as it may still rise which would indicate new injectors or a head.
James

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh it all makes sense now.

The rubber "O" rings are split big time, been in contact with the selling dealer who have told me the vehicle has had one campaign but this hasn't worked and there is now another available. Soooo it's off to the Isuzu dealer soon and they're going to replace the sleeves in the head all FOC.
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should now be pretty glad that you DO have starting problems!

DON'T TURN THAT KEY!! Shocked

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
frank sucevic
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Twister wrote:
This engine will always take a while to fire due to its design.

4) This is the simple one. Air filter. This should be changed every 6000 miles, and should be rotated within the housing every 1000 to 1500 miles. This may sound a bit silly, but because the engine is such high compression it pulls air through the filter in a very small area the same size as the inlet pipe, thus causing this area to become very dirty while the rest of the filter is still clean. Presumably a baffle plate wasn't fitted because it would starve the engine of air. I can knock 4 or 5 seconds off the cold starting time simply by turning the air filter 90 degrees if it is dirty.
missed this one mate i will try this over the christmas break frank
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that is more psychological to be honest the inlet pipe sucks from the centre of the element so the air is drawn in from all around the filter not one specific spot. the reason you get a dirty spot on the filter is because thats where the dirt first hits the filter coming out of the intake pipe.
caterham842

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1999 3.0 TD and am also experiencing starting problems with white / light blue smoke at idle for 2-5 mins. The Isuzu garage replaced the fuel tank as they diagnosed air in the fuel lines. This has not fixed the problem. I also had 10w/40 in the engine for the past 3 weeks and have today pu 5w/30 in, it started on the third attempt rather than 4th. Any ideas it is now back with dealer.

Thanks.
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

get them to check the filter housing under vacuum not just look at it same with the fuel system through the head it should hold a vacuum if it doesn't then new seals on the injectors are needed.
do another oil change as it will still hold nigh on 2 litres of the 10/40 oil now diluted with 5/30.
has it got the one way valve that some people on here have had to have fitted.
caterham842

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, I'll get them to check the vaccum, I will also get another oil change, on the one way valve the trooper has had both previous engine recalls carried out last year, I assume this includes the one way valve but I will ask. I'll keep you all osted on progress.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: