QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Replacement 3.1 diesel pump bleed screw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whisky_uk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 22:29    Post subject: Replacement 3.1 diesel pump bleed screw Reply with quote

Can anyone let me know if I can get a replacement bleed screw for a 1993 3.1TD Bighorn. I got caught out a long way from home and the water in the fuel light came on. Someone (Mr AA man) decided that after bleeding the system when he drained the water from the filter he would make sure that bleed screw was nice and tight, and of course twisted the bolt and stripped the thread on the screw and it now is just about airtight.

Isuzu won't help because the Bighorn is an import and is not on their database.

If I could find out the exact size I could get a replacement bolt drilled out.

All help gratefully received.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 22:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rickbu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you mean the bolt in the top of the filter head? its m6 , are the threads in the filter body stripped or just the bolt? probably the filter body . you could get a helicoil insert in the hole and fit a new bolt , if you dont know what im talking about then you need to find any engineering place. you could maybe drill and tap the hole out to m8 , not sure if there is enough space there though without looking at it but i doubt it
whisky_uk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's definitely the bolt as it's twisted over itself along the length where it is drilled out. If it's M6, then I can sort something out.
rickbu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you confirm which bolt you mean? do you mean the small 10 mm bolt that you unscrew in the filter head to bleed the air which is an m6 thread. or do you mean the bolt that holds the banjo on either the in or out fuel connections , because as you said where its drilled through i suspect your talking about the banjo bolts. if you are then you can buy new banjo bolts on eebuygum , i think the trooper ones are m14 but i can check for you if you like and get back to you ..

if your not sure what i mean , are you talking about the bolt that goes through the thing where the fuel pipes hook onto the filter?
whisky_uk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's definitely the bleed screw bolt (10mm ring). When you take it out it has a hole drilled down the length at centre.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: