All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

faulty engine 3.0 duty 1999

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tartan flier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:55    Post subject: faulty engine 3.0 duty 1999 Reply with quote

hello one and all, new to the owners club, just thought i would share some information with you, purchased a 99 3.0 d duty from a back street garage on october 2005 and enjoyed 3 glorious months of 4x4 driving. then the problems started, nothing too serious to start with just the usual smoke smoke and smoke. got to the stage that when i started the trooper you could barely see it for smoke. contacted the garage where i purchased the vehicle from and surprise surprise, hard luck, so faced with the prospect of paying finance on a vehicle that i could not use i contacted international motors and explained the symptoms to them over the phone. they advised me to contact a local dealer ( halleys of milngavie, glasgow ) to book the vehicle in for an inspection which i did. £50 plus vat, halleys duly inspected the vehicle and informed me that the vehicle required a new engine apparently diesel was being dumped into the cylinders and would require a replacement engine at the cost of £5400 plus vat plus labour excluding fluids and sundries. explained again to the service manager that vehicle was in for inspection only and i was to report back to i.m with findings. at this point the service manager kicked into action and lodged a warranty claim to isuzu ( vehicle had previously had all campaign issues carried out and full service history.) just had a phone call from halleys and been given the good news that i.m have authorised the replacement of a complete new engine at no cost to myself. boy am i a relieved man today. in short thanks to this website and the information i obtained here, i wont be left with an expensive ornament. keep up the good work! p.s odometer had just turned 90 thousand miles.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

siweb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one matey Wink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

i echo siweb you will find Isuzu are bending over backwords to fix UK troopers bless em Laughing Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: