2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

any thoughts on easy up grade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newtroopy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 15:00    Post subject: any thoughts on easy up grade Reply with quote

HI there,  its looking like replacement radio time on the trooper. Currently it is the original fit Isuzu radio and tape.
Has anyone got any recommendations?    I'm looking for something simple, its a working truck.  May be built in Bluetooth?  or would a separate Parrot system be the way to go?  

Would the speakers need up grading too?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 15:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

pingu_turbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know if i were in your shoes id be looking with something with bluetooth built in. I like the parrot system but its just another thing to install over installing a new stereo. I know I had enough fun when converting from the abortion of connectors behind my stereo when I got mine, the last thing I wanted to do was install another bit of kit, more wires and more mess. Besides a bluetooth unit is smart Very Happy

And as for the speakers, I would upgrade if you can afford to (the origional ones are a bit pants). I know the ones in the front are a bum size so be careful (unless you want to go chopping around the door card and speaker mountings). I think JVC make the correct size ones, but I am not sure, some one please correct me if I am wrong.

And theres my 2 pence Laughing

Lets have more snow!
Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a JVC KD-R711 bluetooth head unit a while ago, it has a wired mic that I routed up to the sun visor so sound quality for calls is ok and I can control my phone from the radio, if you are going to make a lot of calls while on the move then a Parrot kit might be better quality but so far I haven't had any complaints.
Newtroopy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it gives me something to work on.  It has been some time since I have been messing around with car radios!
Slate
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just fitted a Sonichi SB-50 DAB/CD unit which was £120 from Halfords. It has built in Bluetooth and Aux input for an MP3 player too. The sound is a big improvement over the old Philips thing that was in it anyway.
Its bloody tight fitting it in the Trooper dash, but was worth the effort. I haven't set the DAB aerial up yet, although it is connected to the rear of the head.
The mic is run up to the sun visor on mine too. When I get my Blackberry to connect to it I'll tell you how it works as a hands free. lol
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Aldi one with bluetooth, usb etc , at £50 it works well with the stock speakers  Cool
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about the Aldi stereo. I saw it a while back when I was skint, but not recently. Sods Law!
Glad its a good one for the money though
Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slate wrote:
I've just fitted a Sonichi SB-50 DAB/CD unit which was £120 from Halfords. It has built in Bluetooth and Aux input for an MP3 player too. The sound is a big improvement over the old Philips thing that was in it anyway.
Its bloody tight fitting it in the Trooper dash, but was worth the effort. I haven't set the DAB aerial up yet, although it is connected to the rear of the head.
The mic is run up to the sun visor on mine too. When I get my Blackberry to connect to it I'll tell you how it works as a hands free. lol

Mine still sticks out slightly because I couldn't get all the wires to fit and didn't want to force it, its been one of those jobs I keep meaning to do.  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: