4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bighorn insurance problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gridley51

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 22:21    Post subject: Bighorn insurance problems Reply with quote

Hello all.
I am new here having just joined and having just bought my first Isuzu.I have a M reg Bighorn 3.1 auto,imported in 2001.This is my first 4x4 for nearly thirty years.Last one came from Solihul.
Problems I`m having are twofold,firstly none of the online sites recognise the vehicle from the registration or manually entered details.My broker can get the model recognised as a manual but not an auto.
Secondly a lot of these sites now want to know the value of a claim made against me when I had a minor bump earlier this year.How the h*** am I supposed to know that.I notified my insurer for that vehicle and heard no more.
Tried filling in the online form for the club insurer but after it going round in a circle for half an hour gave up.
Mark.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 22:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Wilky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

The insurance company you were with will supply you with an itemised receipt for the damage and repair costs of any claim you were involved in.
Gridley51

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilky wrote:
The insurance company you were with will supply you with an itemised receipt for the damage and repair costs of any claim you were involved in.

Good.Still with them so will ask tomorrow.Don`t think they do imports.
KeithB1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with finding insurance when I first got my import, try Adrian Flux or performance direct for a quote.
LIZARD KING
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:15    Post subject: bighorn insurance Reply with quote

It's a real pain. They never have bighorns down as auto's. A lot insist on having an imobiliser fitted as well. Try the insurance factory on line. They got me a fair deal on a 95 bighorn with no imobiliser and no voluntary excess. I also live in the insurance bad lands of Merseyside. After applying they rang me and seemed pretty clued in.
Gridley51

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve had a few quotes and a couple of refusals.I`m offering 7500mls/pa,two SP30`s on the licence,an at fault bump this year and 9 years NCB.
One company is quoting £310 TPFT and another is at £390 fully comp.
I`ve got three other cars and a commercial insured but have not so far found any advantage in lumping them all together.
Does the panel think this is ok for a 3.1 Bighorn?
I tried the insurance factory,filled in the online request for a quote.Silence so far.
Meant to say,I`m in central Scotland.
smoo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with LV,,,,  

3.1 1993 bighorn  imported 2004,  fully comp 15k miles yr.   clean lic  age 50   £221. ,,,it's not listed as an isuzu  bighorn.....moreso..isuzu trooper bighorn.
Gridley51

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoo wrote:
I am with LV,,,,  

3.1 1993 bighorn  imported it's not listed as an isuzu  bighorn.....moreso..isuzu trooper bighorn.

I`ve yet to come across an online form that lists this as an Isuzu Trooper Bighorn,they`re all either one or the other.Although,I agree with you that this is what it is.
I`ve tried the LV online just now and it refuses to accept the fuel and transmission details.
The broker who does some of the other vehicles reckons the recent bump adds £50 to the renewal cost of a policy.
Looks like it`s Adrian Flux then.
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridley51 wrote:
smoo wrote:
I am with LV,,,,  

3.1 1993 bighorn  imported it's not listed as an isuzu  bighorn.....moreso..isuzu trooper bighorn.

I`ve yet to come across an online form that lists this as an Isuzu Trooper Bighorn,they`re all either one or the other.Although,I agree with you that this is what it is.
I`ve tried the LV online just now and it refuses to accept the fuel and transmission details.
The broker who does some of the other vehicles reckons the recent bump adds £50 to the renewal cost of a policy.
Looks like it`s Adrian Flux then.

I used Direct Line for my Bighorn, premiums went up so went to Adrian Flux, saved 200 quid as well Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct line wanted something like £800 and an immobiliser fitted and yet minutes earlier had given me a very good price on a Volvo estate for someone with no NCB.I took that one.
Gridley51

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called LV up.They don`t insure imports.They used to but stopped about two years ago.Anyone with an import who had insurance with them before the change can renew their policy but they do not accept new business.
Anyone know any different?
Gridley51

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up with Adrian Flux.£312 for tpft and 7500 miles. So far a nice hassle free company to deal with.Had a bit difficulty with the accents though. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: